Wooden Fence Posts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A potential fitter has suggested heavy duty wooden posts, 'double bagged' when cemented to avoid rotting.

I haven't come across that term before......what does it mean?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
It means putting them in a bag and then in another bag to try to prevent rotting.

Incidentally during my military days we used to use the same term if one of the lads had a date with a lady of questionable standards. "You'd better double bag if you're going with her"

Is that like putting a paper bag over your head and another paper bag over her head?

Why do you put the paper bag over her head?

In case your one comes off.

Sponsored Links
Use concrete... double bagging the end of your posts can't save a post from rotting like they all do. Get some decent concrete posts in.

Honestly I don't understand the concept , the bags won't stop water getting in and once in the bag will trap moisture and cause the post to rot faster. As Whaley says use concrete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back