Wooden light switch spacer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all, been a long day and the grey matter (and google) are letting me down, so need a little help.....

Went to the outlaws today, they want me to pop on some nice new lightswitches and sockets they've bought..... long story short they want a double dimmer but the backbox is only a 16mm, and its in their nicely freshly decorated lounge.

I know I've seen decorative wooden 'spacers' around for just this purpose but can't think of the correct phrase to search for :confused: tried wooden spacer but only got a few results and nothing that meets their 'requirements'.

Something like this, but single gang, Ash or similar finish
http://www.theinternetswitchstore.co.uk/view-product.php?id=XKBOXDA

Any recommendations ?

Sponsored Links
You could indeed get the wooden plinths you describe, have used them myself in similar cases, but haven't seen them lately.

You can of course get a white plastic spacer. I think MK do them. Some makes of dimmer switches come with one as well.

Though I imagine a wooden one may look better in many cases such as yours.

Depends how much but finger plate may help.
Back box extenders make the box deeper but don't include and surround.
Years ago we used wood plates a lot but these are no longer used.

The filtered sockets came with their own extenders but not seen sold as separate item.

You can get panel mount frames like this
R222816-01.jpg
which would allow on to mount on anything but really mounting on wood is not really something one should do.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back