Help finding dimmer switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, my 1st post here so please be gentle.
I'd like some help finding a solution to a lighting requirement I have at home.

Lets start with my budget... I don't want to pay more than £100 for parts all in.

Now that's said, here's my current setup;
I have a lounge that has a staircase leading off it (typical small modern build) There's a 2-way lighting circuit in the lounge, and a 2-way circuit on the upstairs landing.

They each have a single gang switch (which are both the initial points of their 2-way circuits)

Then they each share a 2-gang switch at the bottom of the stairs (2x blue, red, yellow & earth wires only at this point)

I would like to replace the switches with something that will allow me to control both circuits with my Philips Pronto RU990 (both circuits have lights capable of being dimmed)

I was thinking of getting a getplc dimmer (http://www.getplc.com/Folders/connect%5Celectronic%20&%20infrared%20dimmers.pdf), but it seems that if I were to buy a 2-gang model, the existing 2-gang switch would not have the correct connections (document says it needs to be installed where the wires from the rose meet the switch... which is in my 2x seperate single gang switches)

Is there any other way of doing this? Perhaps an RF solution that's compatable with the Pronto and a nice looking 2-gang switch to compliment the look of the dimmers.

I would like them to be in a modern looking chrome, or black chrome finish

Any advice would be great thanks.
Stu

Sponsored Links
For the stairs I'm only needing a remote on/off switch, but I wasn't sure if they did a 2-gang with 1 remote switch and 1 remote dimmer....?

The reason I want to have the stairs light on a remote is because of the location of the TV... when the pronto controls the lounge light & tv, I would also like to turn off the stairs light.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back