wooden work tops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mrs Bod wants walnut solid worktop.

Have any of you had or have Wooden work tops...

Good or bad

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Big maintenance issue.

We went for compact laminate this time around. Slender, impervious and clean.

Like walking the dogs. I say if we get these two dogs you need to walk them every day....

It doesn't happen..... it'll be me doing the maintenance..

I like the Fenix. It's a compact laminate. Nothing much else floats my boat apart from a bespoke mate Formica on beach Ply. It's funky but I can wait a month.

How large a work top are you looking at? Wood has a better aesthetic than granite and both are way more pleasing to the eye than formica. Leave it to your missus, say i.

Kitchen worktops are largely a practical item. You prepare food on them. Compact laminate is slim and sterile and maintenance free. It ticks all the boxes. No more thick clunky worktops for this chicken from now on.

Kitchen worktops are largely a practical item. You prepare food on them. Compact laminate is slim and sterile and maintenance free. It ticks all the boxes. No more thick clunky worktops for this chicken from now on.

How large a work top are you looking at? Wood has a better aesthetic than granite and both are way more pleasing to the eye than formica. Leave it to your missus, say i.

Like a couple of Adverts

Fenix is owed by Formica but its not formica.

The Formica I wanted I thought was pretty swanky.

All the wooden worktops I've seen have been damaged through everyday use, black marks from cups or pans and black around sinks.

Very high maintenance.

The point I'm making is that practicality supersedes aesthetics when dealing with the preparation of food. It's always a bonus if it looks good too. I'd NEVER have wood surfaces near a sink in any case.

I do agree but I think it looks as good. Kitchens are a centre piece of any house and this has cost a small fortune so I want it looking good

Sponsored Links
Back