Worcester 24i Junior - pressure gauge not working...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I must have tempted fate buying a Nest system to have installed, because before it as been done I have noticed a problem with my combi.

Once in a blue moon I have to use the key to top up the system (maybe once every 12 months or so) and the other day it looked to be low so today went to top it up. But after opening the plastic nut to let some water in, I noticed after a few seconds that the gauge wasn't moving. It is stuck at just very slightly below 1.

I figured there was an issue, so put everything back and stuck the heating on to see if it was working ok - which it is. But I have no idea what pressure the system is currently at, and also noticed the overflow pipe outside has a very slow drip. And I mean slow....like drip...…...drip...…..drip :)

Is there a way for me to drain some water of easily? Is it an easy job to replace the pressure gauge? I have checked out prices and they are cheap enough, but I know that I can't just undo this old one without flooding my kitchen. Is there a shortcut for replacing the gauge? Like some kind of stop next to it? Or am I asking too much for that to be a thing?

Thanks very much for any advice.

Sponsored Links
your pressure guage problem is absolutely nothing to do with the nest installation, topping up the pressure once a year is perfectly normal, the gauge is probably fine but will be blocked where the capillary tube joins the boiler drain the boiler and remove it and have a look , easiest way to lower the pressure for an amateur is open a bleed point at a convenient radiator and catch the water coming out into a bowl or pot till you have reduced the pressure

Ok thanks. And yeah I knew it was nothing to do with the Nest, I was just saying that basically it was sods law :)

you will see when you remove the capillary tube, the waterways is tiny and any amount of crud will block it

Sponsored Links
But chances are that you have overpressurised the boiler as gauge is not giving a reading , which has resulted in the prv to activate ( hence drip outside ) chances are that prv will also need replacing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back