Worcester 25/32Kw pipe sizes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got the above oil fired combi to fit, The house requires 29Kw of heat.

The guy I'm working for has suppplied all the material and I noticed today that all the copper is 22mm for the main flow and return legs.

Now whilst looking at the boiler the heating connections are 28mm, Will 22mm copper supply 29kw of rads, I've had conflicting opinions and personally myself I think it will struggle.

The boiler is being fitted in an out building with approx 6M run into the main building, Would it suffice running 28mm from the boiler in the out building to where the pipes enter the house and then run the flow returns in 22mm copper.

The upstairs and down stair circuits will be tee'd off seperately in the out building so the downstairs will have a 28mm feed and the upsatirs will also have 28mm feed but again this will reduce to 22mm copper where it enters the main building.

Any pointers would be ideal.

Sponsored Links
I would run 28mm until the pipe splits to go upstairs and downstairs or
separates to different sections of the house.
Run the floors in 22mm.
Job done.

Magic, Thanks for that.

That was how I was trying to expalin it !

Am I correct in saying 10mm will carry 4kw of heat also ?

Sponsored Links
It's an old farm house I'm doing and it would be a mare to try and pipe the lot with 15mm copper.

I'll run the flow/returns in 22mm as far as possible then 10mm from there.

Got a few big rads going in IE 700x2000 and I was concerned about the ability of 10mm being able to heat this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back