Worcester 28CDi RSF - hot water on the blink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When a hot tap is switched on the piston on the diverter valve moves out and stops just shy of the microswitch - a scew driver blade in between the piston cap and switch sets the hot water running as per normal.

Can't face kneeling under the boiler whilst the family all take showers!

Advice much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Done a diaphragm on one today . Managed to do it in position without removing any of the filling mechanism or plate heat exchanger. Removed right hand side panel and gas valve and used a long flexible screw driver. One of screws at back is a bit awkward to get in and out also think i was lucky to get it all lined up first time on reassembley.. The guy who designed the lay out on these should be given a good kickin.

Sponsored Links
I did one in situ last week for the first time,

I won't be doing it again, what a ball ache. :evil:

Its easier just to get the whole valve out and change the diaphragm on the work top.
IMHO anyway.

Yeah agree with ya scatman . Just wanted to see if it could be done. Really don`t like doing them full stop

namsag said:
Done a diaphragm on one today . Managed to do it in position without removing any of the filling mechanism or plate heat exchanger. Removed right hand side panel and gas valve and used a long flexible screw driver. One of screws at back is a bit awkward to get in and out also think i was lucky to get it all lined up first time on reassembley.. The guy who designed the lay out on these should be given a good kickin.

how did you manage that? the diverter cover that needs to come off to get the diaphragm out is slotted into the plate H/E by at least a half inch.

i use a right angled screwdriver for the screws and just remove the plate H/E, ive done a lot of them now and have it down to 50mins tops if there are no complications......quite often there are though :LOL:

Nickso.. that little bit on top of divertor that you mention also houses the cold water restrictor an has a nut on it that when you undo slides down the pipe towards the divertor over the o ring.. But do agree could be easier just taking the heat ex off and the filling mechanism. And then fixing the leaks after. :LOL: :LOL: . Don`t know if you where issued with one but used the BG flexible screw driver and socket set excellent bit of kit.

namsag said:
Nickso.. that little bit on top of divertor that you mention also houses the cold water restrictor an has a nut on it that when you undo slides down the pipe towards the divertor over the o ring.. But do agree could be easier just taking the heat ex off and the filling mechanism. And then fixing the leaks after. :LOL: :LOL: . Don`t know if you where issued with one but used the BG flexible screw driver and socket set excellent bit of kit.

ahh....ive never dared take that off for rear of screwing the plate h/e....chances are if its tight you'll disturb the crapp-y seals on the rest of the plate anyway

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back