Worcester 30si Nest

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had the nest installed but the ch wouldn't come on. Ch and wireless icons continuously flashing on the panel. So I put batteries back into the old Thermostat and heypresto the ch came back on. Also nest is also working. But I'm not sure both thermostats should be active.? If you agree what needs to be done in order for the boiler not to be firstly dependant on the old Thermostat before allowing CH? Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Nest replaces any existing thermostat / programmer / whatever else so the old thermostat should have been disconnected and completely removed.

Thanks but as stated if I remove the batteries from the old Thermostat then we get no ch ( ch and wireless icons flash) so how does one disable the old Thermostat such that ch is still enabled for the nest to control?

Call back the installer and get him to fit it properly.

Without seeing you system in essence the Nest heat link will replace your existing wireless receiver and the head unit will replace your wireless stay but it will need a power supply within 1.5m or remove the existing stat and use the Nest on a stand. If you fancy a bit of upheaval then a cable can be ran between nest heat link and head unit for power supply.

Jon

Sponsored Links
Thanks but I would like to be able to tell the installer how to exactly fix the issue vs there being any extra delay or an attempt at an extra fee for troubleshooting.

It's impossible to know how to fix it without knowing what he's done in the first place I'm afraid, but essentially he should have completely disconnected and removed all of the old thermostat components. It sounds like he's tried to wire Nest into your existing thermostat, but it's hard to be sure without seeing it.

Thanks but I would like to be able to tell the installer how to exactly fix the issue vs there being any extra delay or an attempt at an extra fee for troubleshooting.

As said that's an impossibility on the Internet.

Wjy would you be charge additional fees for something that doesn't work? Get him back to fix it. If he can't get someone who can and bill him. Yours is the most basic of install really.

Jon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back