Worcester boiler doesn’t turn off heating in manual mode

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Model: Worcester greenster 24i/28i junior.

in manual mode if I set the heating on in temp to 20 for example, when the temp goes above 20 the heating remains on and while thermostat the flame goes off. But heating remains on in the boiler and you have to manually turn the boiler off.
Did anyone else had this problem? Any solution? Thermostat is also from Worcester and I think it’s the wired one. Should I call a gas engineer which I’m bit worried about the money he would charge??
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi,

When you say:
the heating remains on and while thermostat the flame goes off. But heating remains on in the boiler

Do you mean, that once it reaches temperature, the flame goes out, but the pump continues to run?
Have you let it run on for a while (say, over five minutes?)

It is usual for the pump to over run - this is from the manual:

"Pump over run function: After the boiler has finished a demand for central heating or hot water, the pump continues to run for three minutes to dissipate the heat from within the boiler."

Thanks for the reply. Yeah that’s correct. But sometimes the heating is on even after 5 min and we are realise it when we feel it’s too hot and see the thermostat and it showed us 23

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back