Worcester Bosch 30cdi CHW heat exchange question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Love this site, have never had to post before as usually find the answer hidden somewhere. My question is this.

When replacing the DHW heat exchanger in my WB greenstar 30cdi combi boiler. Should I drain down the system first?

I've had a good read of the instructions in the WB Installation manual (about 10 lines of text) and I doesn't mention doing this and only refers to undoing two screws.

Surely I can't be this lucky.

Let me down gently please.

Sponsored Links
PP is clearly short of work and needs to spin it out to occupy all day long.

You only need to isolate the boiler on the valves underneath. That saves airlocks and a lot of bleeding air when refilling.

Tony

Or leave the valves completely alone and just drain the boiler :idea: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Okay so a couple of options open to me (reminds me of Harry Hill...but which one is best FIGHT!!!) anyway, if drained will I need to add anything when I fill it back up again? I can't see why but then I'm master of asking the stupid question.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back