Worcester Bosch combi boiler servicing

J

Jo100

Hello, I am hoping someone knowledgeable can give me some advice please.

I had the above boiler installed in October 2012. It came with a 7 year guarantee. I've only now realised that for the guarantee to be valid I need to have it serviced. Looking at the warranty it says it needs to be serviced within the first year after installation and then once a year thereafter.

Because I've left it longer than a year (one year and 9 months) does that mean my 7 year guarantee is no longer valid? I was hoping to have it serviced on Tuesday of next week.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Talk sweetly to your independent service engineer and he may retrospectively fill in the service record for you. Oh, and reward him with getting him back every year to keep the service record up to date.

Sponsored Links
he may retrospectively fill in the service record for you.
Remember for the engineer that's fraudulently filling in a form for gain, customer will be aiding and abetting and post for suggesting it.

:eek:

Unless you get away with it. :cool: :D :D :D

A bit of mutual back scratching helps the wheels of the world turn a bit more smoothly.

If it was a case of someone deliberately going a few years to save money on servicing costs, neither would I. In this case, the OP has mistakenly gone a few months over. If the appliance is ok at the service, I don't think the warranty should be compromised.

You should lose you warranty and the "suits" should remove your boiler and you then receive a 7 year ban from any gas powered heat source!!!!!

Or fill the stupid box in yourself!!!

Doesnt even matter cant see any manu honoring a warranty after 7 years or even 10 in some cases.

They will find a reason :evil:

For example you may have your system filled with Volvic and not Evian

Your choice spareshunter. Way I see it is: the customer is more likely to get the boiler serviced and maintained regularly knowing the warranty is in place. The manufacturer is less likely to get a warranty claim as the boiler is being regularly serviced and maintained. The RGI has got a happy customer and ongoing repeat business. If there is a warranty claim it would more than likely be for a component failure which is unrelated to whether the boiler has been serviced or not, and manufacturers should not be allowed to dismiss those on a technicality.

In this case, the customer wants to do the right thing and there is very little chance of the missed service having a negative effect if the installation was up to scratch. In this case, I would not have a problem.

Would I go back and fill in several years of missed services? Of course not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back