Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30i

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Is the WB Greenstar 30i big enough for a 4 bed house with two bathrooms?

Got one heating engineer telling me it is and one saying it’s not.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Depends on pressure of mains water /flow rates/expectations etc, if you can get a cylinder with system boiler atleast your have a back up of hw via immersion heater.
Good luck

You need to get a heat loss calculation done to determine the required heat output for your house. My own 4 bed semi needs 14kW so a 30kW would be inefficient. Sticking a finger in the wind won't get you the most efficient result

So I just did a quick heat loss calc on the house and it looks like we need 13kw for the heating.

When I use the boiler size calculators on WB, Valliant and others, they are recommend between 30kw and 36kw.

What am I missing that means we need over double the output of the heating according to the manufacturers websites?

Thanks a lot.

Sponsored Links
Are they sizing for hot water rather than heating? If you're looking at combi boilers and expecting them to run two bathrooms, you're going to be very disappointed. Combi boilers are designed to run one outlet at a time... you need a system boiler and a hot water cylinder

Nick, the average house kw for heating is between 5 and 10 kw. So most boilers will kill it. So you need to look at the hot water solution. To heat two showers at the same time on average flow you ll need 34 kw plus. This though is dependant on your dynamic water pressure on the incoming cold mains. You could get a 60 kw boiler ...if your dynamic pressure can’t support two showers and drops off your wasting your money

The wb cdi classic is a vision of beauty and reliability....look no further than the 34 cdi classic. Fitted by a wai you ll get up to 10 years warranty

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back