Worcester Danesmoor 15-19 Coil removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there anybody out there that can offer any guidance on how to remove the coil when the retaining nut just spins?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Just try gently levering the nut up with a thin blade as you unscrew...just to help the threads catch.
John :)

If that fails, cut the nut off with a hacksaw, lift off the coil, and replace the stem & coil - the stem will come out using a 10mm ring spanner new stem is reverse of above, and new coil will have n new secruing nut with it - it would be cheaper to buy a complete pump, and pinch the stem and coil from the new pump, do not fit the complete pump unless you have and know how to use a pressure gauge as new pumps are never pre-set to the correct pressure on a Danesmoor 15/19 this should be 7.0bar (100 psi) ;)

Sponsored Links
Hacksaw down through the top of the nut to the height of the stem, then split the nut with a flat bladed screwdriver.

Thanks for the replies.

I have just tried levering it to try and get it to go, but no luck. Have sprayed small amount of WD on and will leave a few hours.

Does anybody know where I can get a cheap pressure guage and fittings just in case I have to fit a new pump (have ordered a pump ready for spares as recommended).

You can get all you need and more from www.heating-parts.co.uk
Do check the existing pump pressure before replacement and set the new pump to the same....otherwise you'll definitely need a flue gas analyser to get the combustion right.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back