Worcester heatslave 12/14 , no hot water or heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning, had a new pump fitted recently and last night the plug fuse was blown on my boiler , replaced it , reset the button behind the panel, located the overheat thermostat button, pressed it firmly , not sure whether it actually did anything. No lock out light is illuminated and both red lights are on for heating and hot water. The pump seems to be making the correct noises and there is a click when a tap is opened, but still no hot water or heating , any suggestions please?

Sponsored Links
Why was the pump changed?

Was this "new" pump brand new in the maker's box?

What was the make and model of pump?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Sorry, so its the oil pressure pump!

I had assumed it was the water circulating pump as they so often cause fuse blowing.

A new oil pump should not blow fuses.

But I have seen comments on solenoids blowing fuses.

Will have to wait for suggestions from those who repair a lot of oil boilers!

The TF 832 is a control box!!

You are giving random information.
What size fuse did you replace ?
There is a 3.15 slow blow fuse on boiler pcb have you checked it ?

Last edited:
He says it is the plug top fuse blowing.

Do you know if the circulating pump is powered via the blowing fuse?

So - the lockout lamp on the TF832 isn't lit? (Don't trust the repeater on the front panel!)
Is the burner lead actually plugged in - underneath the front panel? If the connector is ancient it can drop out, or even be fitted the wrong way round if the lugs are gone....the PCB gets crocked here. Do check the PCB fuse, as suggested.
John :)

Thanks guys , you were correct I did misquote the control box instead of the pump, engineer been out and said that the control box was faulty and had blown the transformer, which in turn blew the plug socket, my apologies for the confusion and thanks for the help, until next time !

Pleased you are sorted....a good bit of kit, that boiler. Pump and tap leaks inside the cabinet are the culprits if the kero pongs.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back