1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Worcester Heatslave 15/19 boiler - oil ran out

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Donna Williams, 28 Apr 2021.

1. Donna Williams

Donna Williams

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi,
    I have a Worcester Heatslave 15/19 and this morning realised I had ran out of oil !!! Not a great situation but its happened (sadly) and now need to learn by my mistake...!!!!!
    Now...am in rented property and have been told if it runs dry I need to pay to get it sorted....I have an oil delivery coming on Friday....can anyone advise me please as to what I need to do as I believe all the sludge will now be a problem....and it needs cleaning. Can anyone point me in the right direction so I don't have the expense of an engineer
    Any help greatly appreciated
    With Regards
    Donna

2. oilhead

oilhead

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    post some pictures of the pipework from the tank, through the wall to theboiler, and of the burner itself. We may then be able to help.

3. Sponsored Links
  4. BoilerBob

BoilerBob

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Should be quite forward job. Bob

5. muggles

muggles

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    If it's pulled sludge through then it'll need new filters and possibly a new pump. Leave it an hour for everything to settle after the delivery before you try to turn it back on

6. Sponsored Links
  7. BoilerBob

BoilerBob

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    If it’s a dirty tank I leave em for 2 hours surprising how long the stuff stays suspended for. Bob