Work not registered with Gas Safe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a boiler fitted three months ago, and had nothing from gas safe. Called them, they said they have not been notified, suggested that I take it up with my gas engineer - he has not returned any of my calls. What are the next steps to get this sorted?

Sponsored Links
And as an aside - the house I have bought has an old coin gas meter on the inside (You put a 50p in and it turns the dial, and the 50p drops out of the bottom!), although it has a separate meter outside - the coin meter must be there because I gues an old landlord was charging extra for the gas at some stage - it is irrelevant to my supply and I want it removed. If I call a (different) gas engineer to take out the meter and have a direct connection, would I expect to receive something from GHas Safe for this work?

Go round to this Gas Fitter's house or place of work - or is it the old story where the guy fits it himself then claims the gas fitter has emigrated? :p

to have the secondary meter removed is fairly straight forward and no you would not get anything from gas safe as they do not need to be notified on this work, was the guy who fitted the boiler gas safe registered ?

Sponsored Links
Thanks Morris

Yes the chap was and still is registered on the gas safe websaite. They When I spoke to them, they told me he has 30 days to register the boiler, and this has now passed by a couple of months - does this mean it would cost him more to do it if he does it late, as if so, I can see why he isn't answering my calls.

Morris - re: the meter - So as long as I get an invoice, and the guy is gas safe, that is good enough?

I think that the boiler can be registered at any time but they expect it to be registered within 30 days. You really should get him to do that as it covers notification to Building Control.

He really is a bit of a chimp!

images

Thanks Agile - exactly - I plan to sell later this year and need it for the conveyancing.

Just get a landlords certificate. That's all you need. You fitted it yourself anyway didn't you?

Better to fasten your seat belt in future before reading my postings!

Joe - you're an arse.

He gave me the landlords certificate already.

If you ever sold a property and gone through the conveyancing process, you'll know that when you say you had a boiler fitted, the solicitor will want more than a landlord certificate.

Now if you stop thinking everyone's doing their own gas work and spend some time answering some questions (which you may or may nor be able to do), that might help all of us.

Buy and sell plenty - never comes up. Landlords certificate is all you need. Go round to this imaginary fitters house and see what he says.

<Buy and sell plenty>

That's a load of ****** - always comes up - you've shown yourself for the chimp you are.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back