Working in Spain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

does anyone know anything about working on gas in spain? I'm CORGI registered for domestic appliances and LPG. I hope to do unvented soon.
I may be living there for a few months of the year shortly so I'm looking to possibly earn some pocket money over there. Do I need any additional qualifications, training etc.

Any advice or links (English or Spanish language) are very much appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Haven't got a clue :rolleyes: But is our CORGI registration valid in Spain or do they have their own governing body :?:

if you go to spain get vessels 1 and 2 their is a shortage of gas fitters,if you go to the popular areas you will soon get in with the bar/resturant owners[xpats].i enquired about it a couple of years ago while on holiday everyone i spoke too had heard of corgi,was offered a job their and then by one of the suppliers installing bulk tanks who thought my lack of spainish would be handy,they do get some irate customers apparently :LOL:

Sorry for the late reply, I've been laying a patio & landscaping my garden.

Thanks for the info and encouragement bripl, at least it sounds like I shouldn't have a problem getting work.

Gas4You, that's what I was wondering. I would expect UK gas regs are among the most stringent in the world, so I would expect any work that complies with UK regs should be safe over there. I'm just unsure if I'm legally entitled to do such work.

Sponsored Links
I can only suggest googling gas work in spain or similar and see if it brings up any relative info.

im in regular contact with a guy in spain who has to return to uk to obtain corgi in order to work out there, uk corgi is sufficient enough for them and im not sure whether spanish have an equivelent or not.

gas4you, I've tried google and come up with very little, but thanks for the advice.

Boyle, thanks for the info. I'm taking a trip over in August/September, so I'll have a chat with some of the locals and see what's what. It would be good if CORGI is sufficient.

Thanks for the replies.

Sifu, try searching in Spanish! Something like trabajos de fontaneria gas calefaccion should keep you busy for a few days. You can try translating via Babelfish or similar.

google free transaltor, you will find a site that transaltes enitre web pages aswell as individual text to most languages.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back