Working out a overhand on porch roof so wverything fits right?

Think I paid 30something for the klober kit from my local merchants. You probably want to match whatever’s on the main house.

Sponsored Links
Should be stepped cavity trays and flashings where a pitched roof abuts a cavity wall with weep vents at the bottom of the run of cavity trays..

Yes, retro fit cavity trays if existing wall is cavity construction . Others on here will know better exactly how to do it .

Sponsored Links
You might if you thought it was worth the effort. How likely is the wall above it to allow water to penetrate and run down inside the cavity, and run into the porch? And if it did, how much of a problem would that be? Personally wouldn’t consider it anywhere near worth the hassle of retro fitting a cavity tray, but a matter of opinion I guess.

I don’t fancy that either. Sounds like a lot of work and I wouldn’t dare DIY it.

Thanks, i’ll give it a miss.

Will a dry ridge kit lift the ridge tile up to meet this plastic trim? It’s just sat on the tile at the minute:
E3D74D7A-B7C4-4DFE-BF2E-01D12D3FEA67.jpeg

I had some trouble with the dry verge, bit of a head scratcher but turnout out it didn’t fit because of the first tile tipping up. I just had to shave a bit off with a grinder.

Last edited:
I don’t fancy that either. Sounds like a lot of work and I wouldn’t dare DIY it.

Its only a concern if you plaster the wall -in which case batten wall and use foil backed plasterboard.

Will a dry ridge kit lift the ridge tile up to meet this plastic trim

A fraction, as it sits on the sticky role. But not much, don’t think it’s an issue tho. You also need a batten straight down the middle if you’re using a kit like I used

Its only a concern if you plaster the wall -in which case batten wall and use foil backed plasterboard.

Incase water gets passed my lead and runs down the wall?

A fraction, as it sits on the sticky role. But not much, don’t think it’s an issue tho. You also need a batten straight down the middle if you’re using a kit like I used

Ok, thanks. Still not sure weather to use the dry kit or mortar. Ones £30, the other is free, is it worth it?

I’d just mortar it as it’s such a short run, it’s not like it’s impossible to get to in future to maintain etc... but totally personal choice

Personally wouldn’t consider it anywhere near worth the hassle of retro fitting a cavity tray, but a matter of opinion I guess.
Yes true , opinion of the NHBC and others (RIBA , RICS , Blg Regs etc ) - but what do they know :!: I think the idea is that brickwork and mortar joints are porous and can absorb rain which can soak down the brickwork and appear as damp on the inside of the wall in the entrance porch in this case , or any moisture entering the cavity bla bla bla. Still it is up to you, but if it was a new house it would need stepped cavity trays and flashings in this situation .

Yes true , opinion of the NHBC and others (RIBA , RICS , Blg Regs etc ) - but what do they know :!: I think the idea is that brickwork and mortar joints are porous and can absorb rain which can soak down the brickwork and appear as damp on the inside of the wall in the entrance porch in this case , or any moisture entering the cavity bla bla bla. Still it is up to you, but if it was a new house it would need stepped cavity trays and flashings in this situation .

I don’t disagree, but you can also assess an individual situation and weigh up risk and common sense. All valid opinions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back