Worktop advice needed!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to replace my kitchen worktop and am here to see if anyone has any advice on what type to buy or not to buy.

I don't want to spend loads just for "style", but on the other hand I'm not such a twit that i'd put in something supercheap only to end up replacing it in two years instead of five.

Cheers

LadyHomeLover

Sponsored Links
Just go for a melamine one. Doesn't need to be overly pricey. The basic ones are pretty good. You just have to decide on the thinner or thicker one, light or dark. Whether hob is inset into the worktop (need thicker one for that).

For me, B&Q Earthstone.....all sorts of finishes, 35mm thick and has a 6mm acrylic layered surface. Its almost indestructible and repairs are very easy to do.
John :)

Sponsored Links
I'd always have a rolled edge never a square one as the laminated edge cant then chip off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back