Worktops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do you kitchen fitters biscuit join your tops aswell as clamping? I seem to have difficulty getting the surfaces flush and thought this might help. also 2 or 3 clamps?

Sponsored Links
Find biscuits cause more problems than they are worth. 3 bolts in a 600mm worktop.

Jason

Cheers, perhaps I just need to be more patient lining 'em up.
You've saved me spending out on a biscuit jointer though.
The colour match silicone goes off a bit quick, I've heard some people say they don't bother with it, do you use any adhesive on the join?
I tried the colour stuff first time but it went off quicker than i could line up the tops.
second kitchen i used pva, that seemed fine, but have seen some use normal silicone on the bottom edge, what do you recommend? Thanks.

PVA or Alphatic resin glue over most of the surface with Colourfil for the top 5mm or so. Should give you enough open time, clean off the excess with a chisel as it starts to gell then use the solvent to clean up.

Jason

Sponsored Links
Sorry to go on Jason, but I've just been looking at some old posts on here and someones said that as a rule the harder the wood the slower the speed setting you should have on your router, does this apply to worktops? as they are very hard. I had mine on full speed when i did mine, is this wrong?
As you can tell I'm not too happy with the joins I've been getting, they're not bad, I've had no complaints but I know they could be better. Have looked at the pictures of some of your work and you seem to know what your doing so your advice is appreciated, Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back