Worse conditions you have worked in!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's blowing a gale here and lashing down! About to start a retaining wall. Bit of luck the wind will blow it down. Wots the worstvweather you've worked in? :cry: [/wiki]

Sponsored Links
Working in a customers house fixing a leaking pipe with them so close to me that I have to ask them to move every time I need something from my tool bag.

GET OUT OF THE WAY AND LET ME DO MY JOB!!

Andy

Had that once when changing kitchen taps. Actually had the guy in the cupboard under the sink with me

40 degrees C, 90% humidity, wiring a CP system in an even hotter coolant tank with 50mm of sludge on the floor so slippery we had to hold each other up, so noisy with vent fans we could not communicate and a customer who was a right PITA

Sponsored Links
I did! Got the thermals out. Wouldn't want to catch the sniffles now would I.
Can't afford to. :D to be honest it didn't feel that cold. Tomorrow might be a different story weather forecast dnt look to clever. :confused:

Laying bricks in Germany, -10*c on a sports centre, we were about 10m up, the wind was deflecting off the wall below and comeing strait up through the scaffold :cry: :cry:

Working in a customers house fixing a leaking pipe with them so close to me that I have to ask them to move every time I need something from my tool bag.

GET OUT OF THE WAY AND LET ME DO MY JOB!!

Andy

Reminds me of a customer who kept moving my tools and tidying up after me so i heated a length of pipe and left it lying on a pair of adjustables, had to laugh i never see him again after he picked it up. :D

Don't those people piS$ you off that keep turning lights off every time you leave he room? And those that keep saying "now what have you lost"?

Was on a job once and their little 4 yr old lad, thought it was great fun to pick up a chisel and chase his sister with it. I retrieved a just sharpened 1" chisel several times from him. His mum didn't seem to think he was doing anything dangerous,,,, until he managed to cut his thumb with it. The promptly blamed me for not locking my toolbox every time I had my back turned.

Worked in Redcar once in the early 70s. We were fitting a safety system to a conveyor belt (no plane on it) near the sea front. It was February and the snow was blowing sideways like a blizzard. I'd had a right skinful the night before and was still being sick (I was 18). I'd left my jacket at the digs and only had a shirt. It was fun that day.

Why is it when I put 18 I got a smiley?

Was on a job once and their little 4 yr old lad, thought it was great fun to pick up a chisel and chase his sister with it. I retrieved a just sharpened 1" chisel several times from him. His mum didn't seem to think he was doing anything dangerous,,,, until he managed to cut his thumb with it. The promptly blamed me for not locking my toolbox every time I had my back turned.

Now thats a new topic and have a few stories. As for bad working conditions, Ive been lucky - even with social housing. Dodging cat shit on every carpet aint tricky when hanging a boiler. Have managed to create my own 'worst conditions' in the past though - only to be discussed in the CC though. ;)

Now thats a new topic and have a few stories. As for bad working conditions, Ive been lucky - even with social housing. Dodging cat shit on every carpet aint tricky when hanging a boiler. Have managed to create my own 'worst conditions' in the past though - only to be discussed in the CC though. ;)

oh i defo could think of 1 here,had me retching :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back