Would Ireland leave the EU in a free trade deal with us?

The point is that when you said

You were explaining why NI should be in a close and mutually beneficial relationship with RoI, and why UK should be in a close and mutually beneficial relationship with the rest of Eufope.
To be mutually beneficial both parties would have to be equal.
Under this EU regime N.Ireland would be subject to rules over which they have no veto.

There will be no political representation in Europe for N.I.but it will still be subject to the European court of justice.

How can living in an economic colony of the EU be beneficial to anyone.

Sponsored Links
Considering that NI voted remain, they could well vote to merge with Ireland.
That's on the cards anyway, maybe 50 years or so, but the demographics are changing.
Then it's down (I think) to whether Ireland accepts them.

I read that book back when it was first published. The big thing about that book is didn't it predict there would be a spectacular and unavoidable crash of the world economy where we'd be reduced to living on a gold backed type of money?

Around the same time I read the book by James Goldsmith as well which has largely turned out to be true to a certain extent

What do you mean Gold backed type of money?

The Bretton Woods Agreement which allowed US dollar convertability to Gold ended in early 1970s.

Rees Mogg wrote his book in 1997.

What do you mean Gold backed type of money? The Bretton Woods Agreement which allowed US dollar convertability to Gold ended in early 1970s. Rees Mogg wrote his book in 1997.
He said there would be a worldwide economic crash and a gold backed currency would emerge

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
That's on the cards anyway, maybe 50 years or so, but the demographics are changing.
N. I. voted for the whole of the UK to remain in the EU as far as i know.

As for unification, Ireland has never been a unified state except as part of the UK.
The Irish Government has never apologised for its role in 40 years of terrorism in Ulster.
Why would turkey's vote for Xmas.

Are you sure?
I had family living in Belfast for a few years and the Northern Irish don't like East Europeans at all. They damage or set alight houses or cars where these lot stay.

Didn't he say there was going to be a world super economic catastrophic crash and what would emerge was a gold backed currency in the way that the US dollar was back in the 70's and the UK pound was backed by Sterling although it was backed by gold at one point
The nature of Capitalism dictates that economic downturns are inevitable.
Boom and bust go together like a horse and carriage or love and marriage.
Financial deregulation always leads to catastrophe.

Didn't he say there was going to be a world super economic catastrophic crash and what would emerge was a gold backed currency in the way that the US dollar was back in the 70's and the UK pound was backed by Sterling although it was backed by gold at one point

You mean William Rees Mogg - he edited a book about the case for Gold. WRM was like many a salesman - who benefits from the case for Gold? People who own and control gold.

So you think that Scotland, NI and Wales should leave the UK.
If Scotland and Wales voted to leave the Union that would be their decision.
My first preference for N.I. would be the Union or even independence.
Annexation by a foreign state would not be a preferred option.

Annexation by a foreign state would not be a preferred option

EU membership is not annexation

The Single Market is the worlds largest customs union, being part of that is most beneficial

youve been blindsided by this sovereignty nonsense

heres the thing: brexers want the UK to be a sovereign independent nation

BUT they also want tariff free access to our largest market....well guess what, the EU are also sovereign, you want access you gotta play by their rules and in exchange you get access to a market of £15 trillion

its time brexers started to get with the programme

Sponsored Links
Back