Would Ireland leave the EU in a free trade deal with us?

T

teaboyjim

Could the EU be worried that if we do get a complete no deal Brexit that Ireland might join with us in a free trade agreement

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Could it be possible that the EU are secretly worried that if we do get a complete no deal Brexit that Ireland because they do a wopping 60% of trade (Approximately but it's a lot) with us that they might withdraw from the EU and enter into a free trade agreement with us and then maybe some of our other allies in the EU such as Holland might join us in our own free trade agreement area? Or do you think that's never been a worry for the EU?

If we get the hoped for no deal, I believe the Irish have no choice but to leave, they are very reliant on the UK, it's only in the last few years they've started paying into the EU, up until then they had received about 74 billion from the EU.
With us not paying in their contributions will increase dramatically, they can't afford it, especially if the EU get their way and force them to apply proper levels of corporation tax.

Holland won't leave, Italy are the most likely candidate.

Could it be possible that the EU are secretly worried that if we do get a complete no deal Brexit that Ireland because they do a wopping 60% of trade (Approximately but it's a lot) with us that they might withdraw from the EU and enter into a free trade agreement with us and then maybe some of our other allies in the EU such as Holland might join us in our own free trade agreement area? Or do you think that's never been a worry for the EU?

In a word. No.

Sponsored Links
Hi teab. How’s your extension going. Got any new pictures?

Unfortunately Elle. Scotland don’t meet the criteria for joining the EU.
You must be be stupid for not knowing that............,, fool.

Anyway, the Irish have never helped us.
About 15 years ago I fixed a boiler for a lovely old couple in Tufnell Park.
I got to know them well over time.
They were involved in quite “secretive” opps during ww2. They couldn’t stand the Irish & told me a lot of unknowns about them. A little taster for you...... the Irish willingly refueled German U boats.
Nice... never trust an Irishman,

Could it be possible that the EU are secretly worried that if we do get a complete no deal Brexit that Ireland because they do a wopping 60% of trade
No, Ireland are shiitting themselves. That gobshiite Varadkar gave it the big one for the past few years while standing behind the real men and desperately praying that the UK would crack, and Brexit would be a lever to take over the North. But more recently we have seen a more conciliatory tone as they realise they are in deep shiit, and have to play the part of the EU puppets they are.

The EU looks after its members, and will protect Irelands interests.

and you know what Joe Biden said.

The Brexer government would be foolish to make more enemies.

Oh...

Yes.

Boris.

Sponsored Links
Back