Would My System Work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

I have had several Oil to Gas Conversion Engineers out and I have finally chosen one.

I have been suggested a combi because the man took a look at the main flow and return and said it should be ok.

I have decided to double check and it appears after the first few meters my Flow and return pipes go down to 15 mm for the rest of the system

2 Rads Are Provided by 28mm pipe
1 Rad By 15 mm Pipe From Plastic Manifold
1 Cylinder By 15 mm Pipe Sharing with above radiator.

Plastic Pipe to Right Hand Bend then back to copper for down stairs

12 Rads Down stairs All 15mm Visible

Unfortunately these are burried under concrete so I am unable to see them however the pipes are covered in an insulator brown sleve.

Can someone tell me if my system is suitable for a Combi or should I just give up now?

I was really looking forward to moving to Gas from oil but now I am kind of worried that my heating system wont support it? Or is there an alternative.

I was hoping to have the Gas boiler installed in the Cupboard where the Cylinder was.

Could my system operate on 15mm? For everything?

Cheers,

Dean

Diagram of What I know

Manifold

Plastic Back to Manifold

Copper to floors below.

Sponsored Links
How come my current oil boiler has few problems with this, I would have thought a Worcester Bosch 29Cdi would eat this scenario for breakfast?

Whats the trade off's I've just started re-decorating the house and unfortunately the 15 mm pipes are all down stairs below concrete.

If your existing boiler is running ok with this system then no reason why your replacement gas one wont, that fact that you are replacing a system boiler with a combi wont affect the flow in your central heating in any way

Sponsored Links
Hey Folks,

This is my current system from what I can make out down stairs.

If I upgraded it to 22 Mill Pipe on the existing run to the ground floor and included 1 radiator and a T that then supplies supplies 3 additional radiators.

Would this help heating and flow

Or would doing the first idea and also running an additional 22mm set of pipes which are split from up stairs to enter at another point. Is this also lighten the load.

Down stairs I have 9 Radiators however 3 are chained on when I got an extension built. So I am thinking of having a 22mm Pipe run to 1 Radiator and allow the Branches to come off a 22mm pipe rather than the 15mm pipe that is presently there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back