Would you call this engineered wood?

@Tigercubrider it compares it to a "traditional engineered wood floor" but I feel the retailer will probably say it's some form of engineered floor as it doesn't say otherwise, but worth a try

Sponsored Links
It's an engineered floor, like every other laminate.
Surely not engineered wood.
That would be made of lots of pieces of wood glued together and a veneer finish on top.
They haven't lied in their website, I think you misunderstood.

Maybe you're think of wooden flooring constructed like the picture below?

02_about_wood_floors_x.jpg

Sponsored Links
Just seen the retailer website which says "Parky Pro Milk Oak engineered wood flooring"
Take it up and get a refund imo.
It's just a cheap nasty laminate 7mm thin.
7mm?
Stainless steel of that thickness might work on your floor, but a laminate?!?!

@johnny2007 I know I really regret it now. Was trying to get something cheap as just bought my first house and needed flooring for the whole house and really wanted engineered wood but know it's usually so expensive. Should have known this is too good to be true. It will actually cost me more money because it's not going to last longer than a few months so will just need to replace it. Will try to put in a complaint with the retailer but may be difficult now it has been cut and laid. However, regardless of it being advertised wrong it does actually seem to have manufacturing defects as well.

Even the cheapest laminate floor should last better than that- i put some v cheap Wickes own brand in a kitchen (it isn't rated for kitchens or bathrooms). 10 years later had to replace 1 plank where I dropped a wrecking bar on it (wasn't i glad i bought an extra pack) but apart from that its still good, no puckering, no chipping.
Unfit for purpose is the thrust of your complaint. Copy Trading Standards with screenshots of the website advert, small claims if retailer ignores you or digs their heels in

general comments
leave in place do not be tempted to lift even with pictures as you may weaken your position and extend how long it goes on for

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back