Would you fight for your country.?????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting thought.
Would you fight for your country, if called upon.?????
I know it wont happen......but what if...?????
I'm too old for enlistment but what if I was needed?????????......
I'd jump at the chance............Put me on the front line.

Would you die for your fellow man and country.??????? Like our fathers and grandfathers did ?????????? And children and grandchildren in some cases.

If there were a call up right now of the over forties (hypothetical)....would you lay your life down for your country.???????? despite everything you've got financially and family wise...????

Interesting thought............... Spoke about it in the pub.......Shocked at the mixed views.

Sponsored Links
interesting what prompted you to post this.... but anyhows.... so what if this new war was against Poland... or Pakistan !! if cricket is anything to go by you'd be fighting in your own back yard, let alone the front line !!!!

That depends entirely on the situation. If my country wanted me to go and fight somewhere to support some foreign policy or to do what the yanks want us to, I'd tell them where to go. If we were fighting against an aggressor as in the last war, that would be a different story.

Depends if the reason for conflict and if it was to directly affect my family or present a possible threat in the future, then it would be YES

Sadly today's society in general don't give a flying fk about anyone but themselves so I would be very surprised if even 5% said YES

Sponsored Links
interesting what prompted you to post this.... but anyhows.... so what if this new war was against Poland... or Pakistan !! if cricket is anything to go by you'd be fighting in your own back yard, let alone the front line !!!!

am i on ignore? :eek:

so what if a few Muslim states decided to invade Europe.. after some burkha banning, or koran burning?

you'd be fighting against your neighbour wouldn't you?

am i on ignore? :eek:

so what if a few Muslim states decided to invade Europe.. after some burkha banning, or koran burning??
.....WHAT??????? :LOL:

you'd be fighting against your neighbour wouldn't you?
f*ck 'em ...but this thread was never about neighbours..... or pakistanis or koran burning.........
It was a sensible discussion point.
I'm gonna be called a racist again soon.... :rolleyes:

Although my answer is sufficiant
No its not..
Makes f*ck all difference what your called up for.
The question was........... would you fight for your country regardless.

Oh I see, well then in short NO!!

Not patriotic enough, heard the stories about soldiers not being properly equipped with boots clothing etc.....when this country is being run like it should with finances going into the right places then ask me again

Never forget my favourite motto, PAS = People Are S**T

Until my faith in British nature is restored am afraid I look after No1 and I do this because every one else is doing exactly the same

So your wrong, me being unpatriotic is not the problem, its people in general PAS!!!!

If I was fully equipped and trained, then yes, I'd fight for our country. As things are at the moment, I don't think there's much hope of them ever being properly equipped or armed. (they were never properly equipped nor trained by the last government, or this one) I can't see them ever being properly equipped by the next one either.
However, as some have pointed out, our real battle is going to be here in our own back yard. ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Back