Would you fight for your country.?????

Never forget my favourite motto, PAS = People Are S**T

Until my faith in British nature is restored am afraid I look after No1 and I do this because every one else is doing exactly the same

So your wrong, me being unpatriotic is not the problem, its people in general PAS!!!!

I respect your view, your entitled to it.

But your wrong.

Sponsored Links
Never forget my favourite motto, PAS = People Are S**T

Until my faith in British nature is restored am afraid I look after No1 and I do this because every one else is doing exactly the same

So your wrong, me being unpatriotic is not the problem, its people in general PAS!!!!

I respect your view, your entitled to it.

But your wrong.

In any typical week I will encounter many examples of selfishness and basically people not giving a flying f**k

Driving to work how many people will cut you up
Going into a random building people will be polluting the air with cigarettes
Take kids the park count the pieces of dog S**T
Park my car 9 times out of 10 the car next to me will dint my frikkin door
Go to wash my, car gun and brush left strewn on the floor tangled and filthy

and that's just people, there are many gripes with councils companies police government

Why should I fight to keep this "dogs breath" country

However, as some have pointed out, our real battle is going to be here in our own back yard. ;) ;)

I've been saying that for years. :LOL:
But that's not the issue John.
(I get deleted for the slightest bit of friendly banter these days) so i'll tread carefully here.......
It was actually a sensible discussion point in terms of what the future may hold.. ;)
You'd be amazed at the arguments in the pub about this.
Opinions are hugely different when faced with this question.
Shocking, but more importantly...........Dissapointing.
:(

There are countries that still used forced conscription, and as wars are being fought, somebody off the street, could find themselves on the front line, so is the question not, Would you volunteer, but would you refuse, at the risk of going to jail, for saying no? At the time of the great war, and 2nd world war, punishable by death. That's quite a motivator.

In this day and age, no need for conscription, due to long range missiles being available, but no war is ever going to be won by targetting the Middle East, send a bomb in, kill the leaders family, Gadaffi's, where he will send out suicide bombers to kill 30-1 every time. So we are on a loser, he is on a winner. NATO haven't played by the rules, and now civilians will take a hit once again. Iraq illegal war, Afghanistan, what are we doing there even? Muslims revolting against their leaders instead of the West for a change, why do we get involved? Russia soon withdrew. We've been there before with the IRA, and now the 'Real' IRA, when will it end?

Sponsored Links
Why should I fight to keep this "dogs breath" country

People like you, are the reason people like me, are so dissapointed.
I happen to love my country, for all it's faults and f*ck ups.
I will fight for my country till I die.

In this day and age, no need for conscription, due to long range missiles being available, but no war is ever going to be won by targetting the Middle East

Moody.... I'd like to put a missile through your front room window, but I wouldn't because it's morally wrong.
Morals are not up for question on this particular thread.
I take it the answer to the original question is a NO from you as well then.????

No offence ....... Your entitled to your opinion.

Against an aggressor yes, killing thousands of innocent people to keep the petro dollar flowing , I dont think so.
From what I've seen the UK/USA (funny how they go side by side like that) creates wars , their not the innocent.

Perhaps a more realistic question would have been ''If your country started a war would you be stupid enough to go and fight in it''. :LOL:

if someone threatens me and i kill them i get into trouble, but if the government want me to put on a uniform and kill someone i have never met and is no threat to me that is ok. well that is not for me.

No i no longer have a country its been given away.
If you got hurt and couldn't work look forward to a life on the scrapheap, the people who got you into that condition don't give a t*ss for you.
Land fit for heroes, sold down the river.

There is a reason that the average age of front line soldiers is rather young and that is because young men and women are immortal, have no dependants and are gung ho.

Ask a young guy and he will say YES straight away. Ask the same man 20 years later when he has a wife and young sprogs to think about and the answer may be different.

There are other mitigating factors such as the war being fought and the people involved in it.

Saying yes on a forum and actually doing the deed are VERY different indeed.

The UK is worth fighting for.

No that's just an excuse for your apathy. The sooner you retire to foreign lands the better.

, Afghanistan, what are we doing there even? , when will it end?

The occupation of Afghanistan is because of the TAP (Trans Afghanistan Pipeline) to pipe oil and gas from the Caspian to the ports and tankers on the Arabian Sea.

pipeline.jpg

Without a government in Afghanistan reading from the same page it would be unpredictable whether or not the oil actually reached its destination.
We are talking about trillions of dollars worth of oil.

When will it end? When the oil runs dry.

Edit - Note the easier way , through Iran. Weapons (nuclear) of mass destruction anyone? :rolleyes:

I would fight for a cause i believed in, i wouldnt fight for crappy money for oil on behalf of rich people and polititicians.

I would fight for a good cause if David Cameron, Gerorge Osbourne, Tony Blair, Nick Clegg, Gordon Brown and Ed Miliband and all their sons who were old enough were fighting ALONGSIDE me with the exact same equipment

This is interesting.

http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/oil.html

The US government's main objective in Afghanistan was to consolidate the position of the Taliban regime to obtain access to the oil and gas reserves in Central Asia.

They affirm that until August [2001], the US government saw the Taliban regime "as a source of stability in Central Asia that would enable the construction of an oil pipeline across Central Asia" from the rich oilfields in Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, and Kazakhstan, through Afghanistan and Pakistan, to the Indian Ocean.

"At one moment during the negotiations, the US representatives told the Taliban, 'either you accept our offer of a carpet of gold, or we bury you under a carpet of bombs,'" Brisard said in an interview in Paris.

The second option is to build a pipeline south from Central Asia to the Indian Ocean. One obvious route south would cross Iran, but this is foreclosed for American companies because of U.S. sanctions legislation. The only other possible route is across Afghanistan, which has of course its own unique challenges. The country has been involved in bitter warfare for almost two decades, and is still divided by civil war. From the outset, we have made it clear that construction of the pipeline we have proposed across Afghanistan could not begin until a recognized government is in place that has the confidence of governments, lenders, and our company.

So, it would seem the us government paid the Taliban millions to arm them selves and take control to allow the building of the pipeline. They wanted the Taliban to do their dirty work for them.

Sponsored Links
Back