Wylex MCB's. PSB v NSB

Sponsored Links
they got the option to snap out the sides to fit the older ones too..

looks like it's just the breaking capacity then...

Sponsored Links
Can you wait until tomorrow and phone Electrium? The number for Wylex is 01543 455000

SB

Can you wait until tomorrow and phone Electrium? The number for Wylex is 01543 455000

SB

You could maybe ask electrium what is happenig with the 6A, 10A and 16A wylex product recall at the same time

Lots of stories, but little info- not even a notice on their website

It's no good me ringing them as I wouldn't understand the answer.

Seams to have sparked some interested on here though !

Not quite sure why there is a reference to 60947-2 at all... thats a MCCB

BS EN 60947-2:2006
Low-voltage switchgear and control gear. Circuit-breakers

No specific mention of MCCBs there, although I don't fancy buying the standard to find out the exact details.

that's what threw me too..
I always thought breakers were 60898 but seeing the 60947/2 on those made me look it up..

It basically means the MCB has been tested to two different standards
Afaict the Icu is the "ultimate short circuit breaking capacity" value where the MCB doesn't have to carry on being servicable.
The only one we are generally interested in is the 60898 figure which shouldn't be exceeded at the point of installation.

Hi Spark123,

I think your thinking of Icn (max safe disconnect current, may not be servicable after) and Ics (max disconnect current without loss of performance)

Icn is the figure in the box on the breaker

Although it might just be different nomenclature but same meaning?

MCB's do not detect earth faults

(All) MCB's do detect overloads

to the OP, sry no idea, never seen the PSB ones before[/b]

thats why i said RCBO not mcb

i read online that the NSB is an rcbo, but it appears to be incorrect info,

Hi Spark123,

I think your thinking of Icn (max safe disconnect current, may not be servicable after) and Ics (max disconnect current without loss of performance)

Icn is the figure in the box on the breaker

Although it might just be different nomenclature but same meaning?

Very possible, I had a peep at the EN974-2 and it is definately the ultimate short circuit breaking capacity whatever that means. At a guess it could be exceed that and it explodes.

i read online that the NSB is an rcbo, but it appears to be incorrect info,

Both RCBOs and MCBs come in NSB and PSB flavours, so yes you probably found an NSB RCBO, but that does not mean that all NSB devices are RCBOS :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back