Wylex rewireable board fuse covers - still available?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

me again

Is it possible to still get these? I have a 4 way metal board with the cover missing and retro fit mcb's fitted, leaving a big gap around them.

Looks a bit like this, but the old grey metal one

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Images/Products/size_3/WY406.JPG

Does anyone have one knocking around workshop/garage that they could spare for the price of a beer???

Thanks

SB

Sponsored Links
You could try ringing Wylex on 0161 998 5454.

Or maybe a second hand unit off ebay or similar site?

I will ave a look :D

I have some with the front butchered to allow BS3781 MCB to be fitted through, is that what you want?

Actually, re-reading the OP's request, I'm not sure if it's the MCB cover or the CU cover....

Calling SB!

Sponsored Links
Sorry guys, yes I MEANT the old re-wirable fuse cover that you have to chop around to get the mcb's to fit through it!

So yes martin, that the one. Its for a 4 way

(Would be a bit scary if the whole front cover was missing!!)

I've had a look on ebay but nothing there to suit

Will also try Wylex on Monday

failing all this, I guess I could make up some sort of barrier???

I'm sure Wylex still make the standard range, though I'm not sure who's buying them these days. Was a good design back in the days before RCDS and split-loads

I never throw these out as they are good for remedial s (and I am guessing that is what you need it for)
If I have one I will happily send it you. will have a look tm and let you know

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back