x

Sponsored Links
no expert ;)

when the motor turns does it sound ok
have you tried it on a spin cycle with it empty without clothes or water ??
pump may be partly blocked holding the water level up and preventing it spinning

no expert ;)

when the motor turns does it sound ok
have you tried it on a spin cycle with it empty without clothes or water ??
pump may be partly blocked holding the water level up and preventing it spinning

Hi Thanks for the suggestions.

Yes the motor sounds OK, but the new brushes do sound a little like a bicycle chain as it turns.

Yes I have tried it empty of clothes and water - still wont spin.

I did check the pump and there did not seem to be a blockage.

Any ideas??

Were the 2 brushes the same or a matched pair. Could you have got them crossed-over? Did the brushes need "unlocking" first, if so did they extend out properly? Sorry, I've only ever changed them on my Hotpoint.

Sponsored Links
Were the 2 brushes the same or a matched pair. Could you have got them crossed-over? Did the brushes need "unlocking" first, if so did they extend out properly? Sorry, I've only ever changed them on my Hotpoint.

Hi,

Thanks for comming back.

Yes the brushes were a brand new matched pair that did need unlocking which I did and I made sure that they extended out properly and moved freely.

About the crossing over, if you mean did I install them so that the tips made maximum contact then yes.

Thanks again for your help.

really load rattling when turning the motor by hand is usually but not all the time a symptom of the brushes being put in the wrong way round.

So checklist
were the old brushes very worn
Are the new ones the right way round
was the commutator clean and free of damage
is the pressure switch operating to say the machine is empty (wont spin if it thinks it still has water in)

you say the motor agitates so rule out
tacho, wiring loom,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back