Yale Premium Alarm Hsa6400 Wirefree Alarm Kit

Yes you can buy a Yale system for less than a decent professional two way one.

We aren't denying that . What I'm sayin is that you can't get one for less than a maint and Monitering annual charge . Unles your with Adt or one of the bi boys .

If you lot want to buy cheap crap to protect your house then go ahead but don't expect any professional company to look agter you when it goes wrong .

I'm sick of hearing customer say . Well I get get one for £150 in b and q .
Right well go buy that one then I'm not going to supply ad install you with crap just because youve googled everything and think the Yale ones are the same as the professional equipment we put in .

In seeing it more and more with cctv now aswell those DIY kits from maplins that couldn't see **** in the dark even under a 500w floodlight .

Sponsored Links
You missed totaly the points I was making. Simply because it suited you to do so.
I cannot be bothered explaining how the English language works just so you can understand what I meant because even if I did you would ignore the point and go off at a tangent.

How can a system that relies on low power signals to tell the sensors to be active or not be any more reliable than a system that uses full power signals in the context of everything you have said before about inteference?

Priceless.
You couldn't make this stuff up. You really couldn't

How can a system that relies on low power signals to tell the sensors to be active or not be any more reliable than a system that uses full power signals in the context of everything you have said before about inteference?
Please find a book of the principles of radio transmission and read it. By working at a lower power the system has the ability to increase power when critical signals have to be sent and interference is being encountered.

You are wrong about the Yale systems being unaware of a sensor falling off just as you are wrong about the Yale system not reporting sensors that 'drop' out of the system.
Yes it reports them but how soon, and if a door sensor has an "open door" due to the sensor or the magnet falling off or the door being open the alarm can still be set. The door sensors appear to transmit on change of state rather than report the state of the door, even if they do report the state at regular intervals ( if so how far apart in time are these reports ) there is still latency before the panel will be aware that the door is open. If the alarm is set during that latency then it will be set with a protected door open..

A two way will request state information from all sensors before the alarm is set.

Since you seem to be blissfully unaware of how the systems actually work you are not really best placed to comment on them.
Having worked for 12 years designing equipment that uses radio communication I am sure I have a lot more knowledge and ability to assess how a system works than you have.

The two way system you have pointed to has inherrent weaknesses that are being sold as advantages.
:?: And you are saying that one way is better than two way ? ?

What is the point of all this rambling?

The Yale alarm is designed as a low-cost, easy to install DIY system. It does what it's for.

You can buy better if you can afford it.

How long would you spend complaining that a ten-year old Corolla is not as good as a new Bentley?

Sponsored Links
Well we seem to have some people trying to say that the Yale one is as good as a professional system when it's clearly not .

Yes your right it's a cheap DIY kit but when customers try to say they the kit the professional has specd is twice the price but it's the same thing they don't know what they are talking about ventuo because they have spent 5 minutes on google they think they do .

I thought by joining This forum it would give me the chance to help explain somethings and give professional advice about security but I can now see its full of idiots who think they know better .

I'm dredding the day I have to quote for a system in your homes and when you start trying to tell me how to do my job .

I don't tell you lot how to sit on the dole and spend tax payer money now do I?

I have no intention of inviting you into my home and I am not on the dole.

If I was planning to spend a total of £155 for a communicating alarm system, I would be surprised if you wanted my business. How would you make a living out of that?

Just wait until your Yale system doesn't work or sets with the back door open and your tele gets stolen or your family hurt by an burglar with a baseball bat . Then see if you should have spent the bit extra an got it done properly in the first place .

Hindsight Is a brilliant think.

Before you say that wouldn't happen . Ive seen it first hand and the insurance don't pay a penny.

Shame.

onecare

Have you got the erroneous idea that people buy a Yale alarm because their insurance co requires an alarm as a condition of insurance?

If so, you are wrong. How did you come up with the idea that a Yale alarm is relevant to an insurance claim?

And where did you get the idea that I was on the dole, and would want to invite you into my home to quote for a £155 alarm?

The Yale alarm is designed as a low-cost, easy to install DIY system. It does what it's for.
The problem that exists is that some people are denying the limitations of the low cost easy to install DIY systems and thus punters think they will provide reliable "security".

You can buy better if you can afford it.
Why would someone spend more if some so called "expert" is telling them that the low-cost, easy to install DIY system will fully meet their needs.

If the so called "experts" who advise potential customers on security ystems truly want the best for thier customers then they need to learn the basic principles involved and the exact functionality of the equipment they promote, supply and install.

Even worse is the "expert" who dumbs down the customer's security needs in order to make his or her choice of system fit the customer's needs.

Why would someone spend more if some so called "expert" is telling them that the low-cost, easy to install DIY system will fully meet their needs.
If their need is for a low cost, easily-installed system that will phone them in the event of an alarm, then it does.

Read what I said on page 1 and tell me if you think it is not true.

If I was planning to spend a total of £155 for a communicating alarm system, I would be surprised if you wanted my business. How would you make a living out of that?
Hmm, interesting comment there.
A few have asked the same question. :rolleyes:

Just wait until your Yale system doesn't work or sets with the back door open and your tele gets stolen or your family hurt by an burglar with a baseball bat . Then see if you should have spent the bit extra an got it done properly in the first place .

Hindsight Is a brilliant think.

Before you say that wouldn't happen . Ive seen it first hand and the insurance don't pay a penny.

Shame.

Shame on your scaremongering.
If someone wants an insurance approved system they would not fit a Yale nor would someone else fit one for them knowing that.

If the alarm is not part of the insurance contract then the insurance company will happily pay out.
The truth is you are better not to tell your insurance company you have an alarm fitted Yale or Grade2 because that way they will pay out even if the alarm was not even set. This applies to Grade 2 also.

People getting alarms fitted for the purpose of a reduction in their home insurance should really know what the small print says.

Lets just add in another aspect you and everyone else on here is forgetting.

In the most burgled areas the CD demographic areas people cannot afford insurance because their income is low and the area is high crime. They can much less afford a grade2 alarm system.

A yale alarm may be their ONLY option as opposed to NO security at all.
Its great being smug on here slagging off products all day long but are you seriously so bent on denigrating something which actually represents some peoples only option. Onecare you are a 'new' person into the slag yale camp but have you ever actually had any experience of them? Have you ever fitted one and do you have years of experience maintaining them?

Nobody is saying a Yale alarm is better than a professional system all people are saying is that they work because everyone else on here keeps pointing out that they don't.
You yourself have said 'just wait till you come home and your telly has gone or you are beaten up with a baseball bat' and you attributed that to having a Yale alarm.

Your contributions are based not on anything other than the fact that in this recession people cannot afford to have the systems installed that you provide. You are being met with people opting for cheaper alarms and you are frustrated because that is affectin your business. You think that by slagging off the DIY stuff as crap people will start buying Grad2 and employing you..
Sadly that won't happen your business will grow through good service and referalls and not by having arguments on peoples doorsteps.

If the alarm is not part of the insurance contract then the insurance company will happily pay out.
The truth is you are better not to tell your insurance company you have an alarm fitted Yale or Grade2 because that way they will pay out even if the alarm was not even set. This applies to Grade 2 also.
They might pay out but on the other hand if the loss adjustor sees the alarm box and the application for cover does not mention the alarm they may decline the claim or reduce the amount due to "inaccurate information given when applying for cover"

People getting alarms fitted for the purpose of a reduction in their home insurance should really know what the small print says.
And so should the people getting alarms fitted just for their peace of mind.

...might ...may ...

and how often do you claim this happens? Is it as often as the probability that a burglar will break into your house at the same fraction of a second that an interfering signal blocks a sensor, a chance in some million? But to which you like to make vague and insubstatiated references, in order to create a feeling of unease with nothing definite behind it?i

And in mdf's example, of a financially-challenged family in a deprived area with no insurance, it is totally irrelevant.

In the most burgled areas the CD demographic areas people cannot afford insurance because their income is low and the area is high crime. They can much less afford a grade2 alarm system.
But have enough spare cash to have the latest 50" plasma, PS3, and iPhones along with a couple of motors outside.

And as for scaremongering - you've no room to talk.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back