Yale SR330 external siren randomly beeps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

A few years ago I fitted a Yale SR 330 alarm and all has been fine until the start of the year. At the start of January, the external siren tamper was triggered (it was tight to the wall and the lid was on securely), the only way I could turn it off was to switch it off using the switch inside. I replaced the batteries, which seemed to solve the problem.

Over the weekend the external siren has started to emit a single beep at random intervals (sometimes 3 one after the other, then nothing for 20 minutes and get a single beep). I've replaced the batteries in all the PIRs (except 2 that were done 6 months ago) and even tried completely killing the control unit (disconnected from mains and moved the switch on the back to off). None of this seems to have solved the problem.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I'll have a look and see if I can see the problem.

Hi,

I've replaced the batteries in the siren, double checked there was no corrosion on the contacts and replaced the batteries in the other 2 PIRs (just to make sure it wasn't them). It is still beeping (or more like a blip) at random intevals, it also flashes the 3 red LEDs in the siren.

I've now replaced every battery in the system that I can. The only one that is left is the one that is built into the control panel. As the system is about 7 years old could it be this one?

The app is showing green for every device, is there any way to find out what the issue is? Or is it new alarm time?

Thanks for any help!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back