Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi had my kitchen ceiling skimmed about 5 weeks ago, over the top of the old ceiling which was just in a bad state. It was boarded originally. Everything has been fine, until yesterday, I noticed a yellow stain in one of the corners. Ironically it’s the corner than dried out first after plastering.

When I painted to new plaster I waited until it had throughly dried out, did a list coat of emulsion, left it’s 24 hours and then painted. It’s been fine until now:

There’s no pipes or leak, so I’m wondering if it could be contaminates on the original boarded (painted) surface bleeding through?

Attachments

• 446830B4-53BC-4B91-90D2-BABDC89AB5A4.jpeg
    446830B4-53BC-4B91-90D2-BABDC89AB5A4.jpeg
    196.1 KB · Views: 308
  • 0086BEE1-DE90-4CC2-88B1-465DA8DAA4C2.jpeg
    0086BEE1-DE90-4CC2-88B1-465DA8DAA4C2.jpeg
    253.5 KB · Views: 307
Sponsored Links
Could be old staining bleeding through try treating the area with two coats of a stain blocker loads in the DIY stores I use Zinsser Bulls eye 123 mostly but it is quite expensive min size tends to be 1 litre and quite pricey.
You can get stain blockers in a spray can which is fine for small areas.
Don't panic if the stain shows after the first coat, it will then be "locked in" and the second cover.

looks like there’s water present.
there’s a crack where the cove meets the
ceiling. which we can assume you painted .
where’s the bath?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back