Yet again my life was on the line

Sponsored Links
no swearing and it was simply a story on how i nearly got run over ???

one of the mods has it in for me it seems

wonder if SOFTUS is a mod ?? hmmm :?:

Sponsored Links
Slogger said:
no swearing and it was simply a story on how i nearly got run over ???

one of the mods has it in for me it seems
It probably upset him/her that you survived.

Slogger
was their swearing an non white abuse in there...
if not ,

they just dont like you .. !!!?

Slogger no offence, but could you be more defensive in your actions?

You suffer these "incidents" a lot. The common factor is you!

I'm not suggesting anything, other than maybe a change in the way you ride?

It's a bit like a driver saying, "I've had loads of accidents, but none were my fault". Defensive driving and a bit of

LOOKING AHEA

D

can work wonders.

securespark said:
Slogger no offence, but could you be more defensive in your actions?

You suffer these "incidents" a lot. The common factor is you!

I'm not suggesting anything, other than maybe a change in the way you ride?

It's a bit like a driver saying, "I've had loads of accidents, but none were my fault". Defensive driving and a bit of

LOOKING AHEA

D

can work wonders.
what part of the car was on the wrong side of the road didnt you READ

i ride very good its the a*** holes in the cars and vans that cut you up
i am 1 metre from the curb you want tot pass me you then have to overtake as if i am a motorcycle not brushing past etc

:LOL:

Slogger said:
what part of the car was on the wrong side of the road didnt you READ

Now you're being defensive!!

So there was absolutely nothing you could have done in that situation to avoid collision? Be honest!!

maybe you should have a handicap emblem on your bike.....you have had some pretty close calls...... ;)

mlb3c said:
maybe you should have a handicap emblem on your bike.....you have had some pretty close calls...... ;)
ok ok ok for those in the know i do sometime ride a tandem with a blind person behind me as a STOKER we have had indidents on this bike EVEN with the red flag that sticks out 300 mm from the rear wheel and to the right

the flag has been hit numerous times telling the cars/van etc that they are too close ??? sometimes they moan that it has scratched there car ? now theres an idea eh

so no matter what you do cars/vans etc will always take the p*ss out of cyclists

ps the flag says blind rider makes you wonder if they think its me that is blind

pps support you local cyclists :LOL:

and to you nlbc ? you must think your funny with the handicap remark eh :evil:

Yes, I support local cyclists: I used to cycle 50 miles at a time myself. And yes, it amazed me the hostility between us two-wheelers and drivers.

But, and this has come to me as a car driver who has had many "fault" and "non-fault" accidents in the past, I have come to believe there is a great deal one can do to drive/ride defensively, and avoid a great many situations where danger lurks.

Just because an accident or "near-miss" is not your fault does not mean there wasn't anything you could have done to avoid that situation arising.

If you're sceptical, try one advanced driving lesson. It'll change your mind, I promise you.

Slooger
i wasnt tryin to be clever......

it's different here (I think) where as cyclists are encouraged to ride on the side of the road or in the bike lane if there is one. The only real close call I had with one (I'm in a pickup) was when this one clever shi#e thought he would ride in traffic, and as fast as he could pedal, he was no where close to the speed limit and did not stop when traffic stopped.....I was trying to avoid him but really couldnt get around him (seemed unpredictable) just as I thought he was going to turn and I sped up, he changed his mind and I just about ran him over. he may have had a different version of the story, but since you seem to have a number of close calls, I was merely suggesting that there might be another side.:cool:

Sponsored Links
Back