you cant live of wages

at the end of the day like others have already said,if your in work then you should be paid enough to support your self and family.without going cap in hand for working benefits.
which proves how messed up this country has become,because if it wasnt for the benefits a lot of us me included would be in the 5hite.
i agree about raising the tax threshold,that way you can do without vast amounts of civil servants pushing 1 piece of paper from 1 office to another.

or is it just me being silly.

Sponsored Links
having a vast pool of unemployed keeps wages down and with the cost of living shooting up its getting harder to bridge the gap folks have taken big bank loans taken out in the glory days, to make up for the short fall in wages to quote J Fresco this ****'s got to go because how much more can everyone take before it goes pop

Keeping wages down keeps taxes paid down and benefits up. It can't go on.

cant live off minimum wage, then how do you think single people or divorced usually dads could live off £70 p/w? that's all you would get nothing else apart from a capped housing benefit and council tax benefit.

So from that you have to pay :-

Water
Gas
Electricity
TV licence
Transport costs ..... forget a car, you cannot afford one.
Clothes
Broadband .... ur expected to search for jobs using the internet.
Phone.
Other stuff I'm sure I've missed out, but that little lot comes to roughly £70 p/w

leaving you approximately £0 to buy food.

Sponsored Links
joe-90";p="2561903 said:
There should be no such thing as a working benefit. The employer should pay a living wage. It's crazy that employers pay peanuts and the government borrows billions every month to top up the lousy pay. It can't go on - and it won't go on.[/quote
joe-90";p="2561903 said:
]
at uh
Good God, Joe. Thats the 2nd time this decade that you have written something with which I agree! It is a sickener to see mega earners like Tescos having their wage bill supported by the taxpayer. Especially as they do their utmost to avoid being one.

I prefer sitting on my a**e, not working and claiming every benefit I can think of.

There are thousands like you. Which is why tens of thousands of ee's come here to work.
When you don't understand what language your next door neighbour is speaking don't start complaining.
my next door neighbour is a Geordie i don't understand him either.

There should be no such thing as a working benefit. The employer should pay a living wage. It's crazy that employers pay peanuts and the government borrows billions every month to top up the lousy pay. It can't go on - and it won't go on.
I agree it can't go on, but while employers can import cheap labour from Eastern Europe why should they pay anyone a decent wage, Tony Blair is responsible for flooding this country with millions of immigrants he should be put against a wall and shot, the claim that low wages creates jobs is a big lie because if that was the case countries like Pakistan ind Poland would have full employment and a great standard of living.

Sponsored Links
Back