you need a bbc tv licence after midnight again

Sponsored Links
you will note i said "well good luck to anyone who thinks its worth the effort to save 40p a day"
what value do you put on the effort required for your principals ??
if the man is genuine and never watches tv in a fashion requiring a tv licence then thats fine but why does he have a aieriel cable connected to the tv and loose at the wall socket ??
i spend my time and effort helping others where i can make a difference :D

No effort whatsoever. I simply do not pay. Does that answer your question ?

its not exactly trivial to me
i live on a £76 a week railway pension supplimented by the odd pin money job and my quickly diminishing savings :D
but i use the service so pay for it

Then pay for it you fool. If you want to pay then pay, I said that. If on the other hand you are implying EVERYONE should pay just because you fail to stand up for yourself, mate you get what you ask for in life.

It's not the money as I say, I find the BBC despicable and I don't think it should be supported in any way. You realise this is an organisation which besides being a hive for pedophile networks, also has a bad habit of praying on poor and vulnerable people, most of which don't even use the service. They are bullied by tv licensing into having a licence they don't want because the BBC are a parasite and their life blood comes from the public purse. If nobody paid they would be finished.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Then pay for it you fool. If you want to pay then pay, I said that. If on the other hand you are implying EVERYONE should pay just because you fail to stand up for yourself, mate you get what you ask for in life.

It's not the money as I say, I find the BBC despicable and I don't think it should be supported in any way. You realise this is an organisation which besides being a hive for pedophile networks, also has a bad habit of praying on poor and vulnerable people, most of which don't even use the service. They are bullied by tv licensing into having a licence they don't want because the BBC are a parasite and their life blood comes from the public purse. If nobody paid they would be finished.

i am all for changing things for the better in general
using a service and not paying for it is theft
not using a service is not theft
someone ranting on about the ins and outs and there thoughts valid or not are just that there thoughts and irrelevant to the legal niceties

i am all for changing things for the better in general
using a service and not paying for it is theft
not using a service is not theft
someone ranting on about the ins and outs and there thoughts valid or not are just that there thoughts and irrelevant to the legal niceties

Watching channel 4 broadcasted live requires a tv licence according to the legislation. Is it fair the BBC see all of that money and channel 4 see not one penny ?

You really have no idea what you are talking about refering to my thoughts as irrelevant to legal niceties. You don't even know the different between law and legislation. I suggest you get reading.

Have you turned into Yoda?

Because he is perfectly at liberty to listen to BBC radio and non-BBC catch-up TV via his TV without a licence?

I'm yoga on this issue, tried and tested it's a winner every time :mrgreen:

Can you show me a law that requires a person to divulge the answer to that question to a private company, which is what Capita who enforce the licence fee are ?

What I'm trying to explain to you guys is you simply have no idea what you are talking about on this issue. You pay out of fear and ignorance, you pay because you believe you are doing the right thing, you aren't. You are doing the wrong thing in supplying this company with your cash. The BBC is not the moral compass of Britain, it never has been. It exists purely to serve it's own interests and it has broken the royal charter to which it is bound many countless times, not to mention the historic sexual abuse evident within the organisation, spanning decades. I know some of you are old, but you are not that past it not to think twice on this. Some of you didn't have internet when the BBC was at it's strongest, I'm sure some of you still believe tv licence detector vans exist. With information technology comes the revelation that many of the organisations once seen as morally/ethically good hide many dark and sickening secrets and the BBC is one of them. I think rather than blindly defend such an abhorant company you use your interent connection to research the BBC and it's history and maybe you will start to feel shame you funded the company for so long. You should be ashamed because it is disgusting. Do this rather than attack back at a person for telling you there is another option and you can ignore this private company and not pay and win. The whole tv licence is basically a big scam, it's just a way to avoid the BBC having to take any accountability, report news impartially and make programmes that people actually want to watch. They make billions a year off of you, paying their bloated pensions and furnishing their offices and you defend it as if it were your own. Get a grip.

Hawkeye, are you saying the Government lied to us?

We know that's a given but that doesn't make it ok, m'kay ?

images.duckduck12go.com.gif

Watching channel 4 broadcasted live requires a tv licence according to the legislation. Is it fair the BBC see all of that money and channel 4 see not one penny ?

You really have no idea what you are talking about refering to my thoughts as irrelevant to legal niceties. You don't even know the different between law and legislation. I suggest you get reading.
i dont agree with non payment off tv license being a criminal act rather than a civil case but the facts are it is a criminal act once you refuse to pay the fee if required by a court

i dont agree with non payment off tv license being a criminal act rather than a civil case but the facts are it is a criminal act once you refuse to pay the fee if required by a court

lmao you have no clue at all what you are on about big-all

It's a bit like insurance, in a way. I happily pay the £145 or so, as insurance that I won't be prosecuted and receive a higher penalty.
Having said that, the amount of TV I watch is minimal so i wouldn't miss it anyway.

Is it still necessary to have a licence to listen to radio?

Sponsored Links
Back