Young ones don't remember the three day week !!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No electrical power for three days of the week working in offices by candle light !

The winter of discontent .......

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_of_Discontent

And who was in power The Damn Conservatives oh sorry I'm wrong there it was Labour .......its amazing how Labour again think there's a bottomless pit of money ........All these grandiose plans of Corbyn .........where's the money coming from ?

Still theres that much in fighting in labour they'll never be a serious proposition at the booth's.

Sponsored Links
Ive got a vague recollection of the lights going out when having tea.

A pre curser to the minors strike, from memory.

Labour have resided over several significant economic upheavals since WW2, IIRC.

Something to do with spending money we don't have and stupid economic policies.

Sponsored Links
Your post is called "three day week" and blames the Labour Party.
It was the Conservatives in power.

Your post is called "three day week" and blames the Labour Party.
It was the Conservatives in power.
True, but they were trying to control the power of the unions, who in those days were holding the country to ransome.
Heath of course failed after his 'who governs Britain' election, but after a few more years of disastrous Labour rule, it was left to Maggie to finally cut the unions down to size.

I'm getting the three day week and the winter of discontent rolled in to one ..... I was there both times ....

Winter of discontent ....Thanks Labour !

She got what she deserved.
She was the one PM since Churchill to actually stand up for the country; all those before and since either stood on the sidelines shrugging their shoulders, or else sold the country down the river.

Sponsored Links
Back