Your feelings on cannabis

Well, Im sorry for what I stand for and how I act.

David

Sponsored Links
Not sure what you're referring to but glad you got that off your chest :LOL:

notb665 said:
Other humans have evolved differently? Could you explain that? You mean because of their low tolerance to ethanol?

Got it in one! Interbreeding has spread the ability to metabolize ethyl -- oops, er, ethanol but my latest information is that 25% of the population of the Far East still can't handle it. This quirk of evolution is also found in American Indians and Eskimos, descendents of early humans who crossed a land bridge from what is now Siberia to Alaska.

The IUPAC name is ethanol

I know that :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: but I just can't abide those new names. When I learnt chemistry we still had stuff like ethylene, acetylene and the mysterious amylene. Does anybody have a formula for that? You can get amyl acetate and amyl nitrate so the amyl radical must exist! :confused: :confused: :confused:

we have to have a drug and drink is it.

I'm afraid I can't agree. You don't HAVE to have any drug at all. It's a choice. You could reasonably argue that we need pharmacological kicks like we need a hole in the head.

In our part of the world alcohol was once beneficial in that we used it to sterilize our drinking water. It's odd but true that very few bacteria can survive in quite low concentrations of ethyl alcohol. Having stumbled upon this we evolved the means to destroy the poison we were drinking. (In other places, notably the Far East, early humans learnt to boil their water instead and so evolved differently.) If alcohol had been discovered more recently I doubt very much whether it would be legal today. :cry: :cry: :cry:

And so, despite their well known dangers, we are 'allowed' the historical drugs: alcohol, nicotine and caffeine - and isn't it odd that so many people fail to recognize that last one as a drug at all? It's potent stuff. Ten grams can kill you and there's more than that in a large jar of coffee which anybody of any age can legally buy! :eek: :eek: :eek: This demonstrates a very important point, namely that the form in which a drug comes has a significant effect upon its safety. ;) ;) ;)

I would say that it was inevitable that we humans would discover naturally occurring psychotropic drugs - and then go on to invent more. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: We are rather good at inventing dangerous pastimes, like climbing mountains or jumping out of aeroplanes or driving cars. Not content with driving relatively safe cars, we even go so far as to race them! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It all comes down to education and choice. Nobody will ever persuade me to jump out of an aeroplane or inject myself with diamorphine (that's heroin to you) just for a laugh. If the plane was on a collision course with the ground or somebody had just cut my leg off (or both :cry: :cry: :cry: ) that would be different!

PS: Have you ever watched a cat chasing phantom butterflies? It's probably been at the catnip. ;) ;) ;)

Does your tongue never take cramp?

Sponsored Links
Does your tongue never take cramp?

I can remember the time when my mouth got jammed into an idiotic grin and I think my tongue was locked too. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I wasn't the only one either. Somewhere along the line we all got stuck in a fit of unstoppable giggles which seemed to last half an hour but it was probably only five minutes. Happy days! :D :D :D

American Indians and Eskimos, descendents of early humans who crossed a land bridge from what is now Siberia to Alaska.

Yes I know that also, but for such a knowledgeable bloke, are you sure you have those ethnic groups' names right?

The IUPAC name is ethanol

I know that :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: but I just can't abide those new names.

But you should like them - they systematic and they make sense!

When I learnt chemistry we still had stuff like ethylene, acetylene and the mysterious amylene. Does anybody have a formula for that? You can get amyl acetate and amyl nitrate so the amyl radical must exist! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Amylene? You mean pentene, right?

But you should like them - they systematic and they make sense!

That's very true. I'm just too lazy to learn them all. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

But do they really make sense? There's pentane, hexane, heptane and octane. Do we now have monane, diane, triane and quartane? :?: :?: :?:

Amylene? You mean pentene, right?

If there's a definitive answer in that question then thankyou very much. :) :) :)

Weed has changed in the UK over the last 10 years it has seen a move from middle of the road grade pot to the hybrids skunk etc. I do believe the hybrids could / is becoming a problem but old skool grass and a bit hash is not to bad. Smoke it in your home and IMO its not a problem.

What I dont like is walking down the street seeing aload of chavs and then smelling the weed there smoking.

I have a friend who has smoked for 16 years everyday, he has a degree, a senior job (£100k plus a year), so it hasnt done him to bad. He feels more in control after a smoke then he would a drink, he also believes he would be in a far worse state if he had drunk booze like he had smoked. If I was walking down the street I would be far more worried if I came across some one very drunk than someone stoned.

Overall I think people should be allowed to smoke it at home or a controlled environment.

if your over 21 feel free to slowly kill yourself with whatever you want as long as you dont kill me or others with you:cool:

or rob us to get the money to pay for it.

I'd rather pay some taxes than have you rob me.

I'm over 21, very rich and use private healthcare so it's okay for me to smoke myself to death according to you all (in the comfort of my own home).

Fab ... Puff ... Puff

Is there some reason why you think we should stop you?

Are you expecting the cannabis to kill you, or the tobacco?

Sponsored Links
Back