Your feelings on cannabis

Sponsored Links
seen plenty of people do stupid things when theyve been on cannabis so dont belive its all lovey man :cry:

Take a look at any episode of 'Street Wars'. These 'wars' are replicated through the length and breadth of the UK in the early hours at the weekends and all of them are fuelled by alcohol. The numbers of assaults carried out by drunken males and females at the weekends is absolutely mind-boggling. In my experience, the feeling of euphoria induced by cannibis rarely results in violence. I concede that the consequences to the individual addict, whether alcohol or drug, can be at least, brain damaging and at worst, terminal.

If we're talking about what SHOULD be allowed, we have to find some rules that make sense and include alcohol, tobacco, soft drugs and hard drugs.

If we come with rules that say "a substance which leads to X violence and death is OK but a substance which leads to less of both isn't OK" it's silly.

If we come up with a rule that says "a substance which causes early death of its users is OK, but a substance that causes mental damage to it's users isn't" it's silly

If we come up with a rule that doesn't reduce usage or crime, but criminalises a substance and increases the profits of the illegal traders, and causes users to commit crime to get money to buy substances, it's silly.

Sponsored Links
If we're talking about what SHOULD be allowed, we have to find some rules that make sense and include alcohol, tobacco, soft drugs and hard drugs.

If we come with rules that say "a substance which leads to X violence and death is OK but a substance which leads to less of both isn't OK" it's silly.

If we come up with a rule that says "a substance which causes early death of its users is OK, but a substance that causes mental damage to it's users isn't" it's silly

If we come up with a rule that doesn't reduce usage or crime, but criminalises a substance and increases the profits of the illegal traders, and causes users to commit crime to get money to buy substances, it's silly.

Let's legalise crack cocaine and heroin then. Oh you think that's silly do you?

Let's legalise crack cocaine and heroin then. Oh you think that's silly do you?

Only if it leads to violence, death, mental damage, no reduction in crime and increased profits for the illegal traders! It does, so it is silly.

Do you feel people should be able to smoke,as long as it does not affect other peoples lives?
Is smoking cannabis effectively funding the terrorists?

Definately not !! I grow my own!!
White widow any one?? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Megawatt.
Are you a sparks by any chance ??
Most that I know seem to have a very liberal view about Rastafarian Old Holborn!! ;)

Personally I cant be arsed to argue!!!

I thinks have come a long way since the days when someone would hand around the odd 'dooby' at a party. The few guys I know who were caught up in weed are wrecks now. And whilst they may not be trouble making when stoned, when they are desperate for some gear, they resort to stealing ( from me included ).

My other beef kids is getting caught up in drugs culture and its perceived 'coolness' ( this is why I would gladly pay to see Pete Doherty and his ilk have the crap beaten out of them ). Most dealers wouldnt miss a chance to push something stronger.

The few guys I know who were caught up in weed are wrecks now.
All the guys I know who have recreationally smoked weed are no different today than they were 20 years ago?

And whilst they may not be trouble making when stoned, when they are desperate for some gear, they resort to stealing ( from me included ).
What addiction would this be? Presumably the same people steal to fund their tobacco habit which is FAR more addictive.

I'm not advocating the use of any drugs here chaps but misrepresenting the effects isn't the way to discourage anyone.

MW

All the guys I know who have recreationally smoked weed are no different today than they were 20 years ago?

Is this a question? :) I am not suggesting all, or even most cannabis users are affected badly by it, just the the few who I know are. This is mainly due to the more potent variants they now take, plus also the life style they choose take which basically is one of dossing around until the next benefits cheque turns up. I cant vouch for your neck of the woods MW but all sorts of drug abuse is rife in Portsmouth.

What addiction would this be? Presumably the same people steal to fund their tobacco habit which is FAR more addictive.

I am sure they steal for food, fags and booze too. I didnt really ask for a receipt for what they did with the money they stole. But shortly after they stole it, they were stoned again. I would like to tell you this is a one off, but it isnt. They are part of an old group of freinds and we are all witnesses and victims to their actions.

Also, as with all my posts, I can only speak from my own experiences. I am sure there is a bigger picture out there, but I can only add my own localised experiences to the debate. For a bit of balance - the job I am doing now, thier son is a cannabis user. He is a lovely fellow. :)

seen plenty of people do stupid things when theyve been on cannabis so dont belive its all lovey man :cry:

Take a look at any episode of 'Street Wars'. These 'wars' are replicated through the length and breadth of the UK in the early hours at the weekends and all of them are fuelled by alcohol. The numbers of assaults carried out by drunken males and females at the weekends is absolutely mind-boggling. In my experience, the feeling of euphoria induced by cannibis rarely results in violence. I concede that the consequences to the individual addict, whether alcohol or drug, can be at least, brain damaging and at worst, terminal.

bolo i quite agree with you, alcohol is an absolutley massive problem in this country. ive got two cracked ribs and a damaged neck from breaking up a fight from one group of drunken arseholes, along with numerous other minor injuries i suffered when i was in the police from fights with people under the influence. That said though i still saw people who caused problems when they had taken only cannabis.

I also saw a lot of kids on the estates growing up and starting to use cannabis. They were given it in some cases by the dealers as a way to get them to want more and to get them on the path of using harder drugs which they introduced as time went on. I also saw plenty of "fagins" who were dealers who would get the kids to shoplift to order for them in return for cannabis.

if your an adult and you choose to stick it in your body, well thats up to you, but theres always some effect, that someway down the line someone will be picking up the pieces from, be it financial, healthwise or the resources of this country

I think,smokers and their familes therfore have a quieter life

Let's try and keep this on cannabis

thermo watches too much t.v.

Sponsored Links
Back