SMOKING BANNED

anobium said:
not to mention people under the influence writing insults on forums on the web.
:
This is truly a shocking state of affairs and I have written to my
mp.

Sponsored Links
anobium said:
[Richard P said]

I wouldn't be certain about drinking more being good stuff either, smoking definately is filthy and kills too many people, but I doubt it causes anywhere near the problems that alcohol (abuse of) does.

Whats next, ban alcohol. It would be interesting to hear some figures about how much alcohol costs the nhs, business, and the country in general
And yes you can get affected by passive drinkers, what about the violence on our streets and drunken drivers, not to mention people under the influence writing insults on forums on the web.
For the record I have been known to have the occassional glass of sherry :oops:[/quote]
what? :eek: when? show me?

im on downer tonight...
here we are... adults who can laugh and joke argue/ debate/ whatever... about smoking and public places and pubs etc...
Im sick... sick to my gut tonight.
For lots of reasons.. only one of which one is smoking.
I used to smoke...
But this smoking thing in public does nothing to stop the smoking at home in front of kids.
I know.. I know... that the smoke police cant stop smoking in your own house but tonight.... I am angry at smokers who hold their child and exhale smoke over their childs face, laughing and joking...
Im annoyed tonight because when actual physical harm happens to a child people are aghast.
Yet they hide behind the blooming smoke (pun intended)
Hit your kid and they have a visible bruise so you dont do it ( yeah... well, the humans amongst us dont beat our kids anyway)
People who smoke in front of their kids dont see immediate bad effects so they keep on doing it, kidding themselves they are not doing any harm.
GET REAL!!!
oh!!! if Im preaching to the already converted then I apologise but having picked up the pieces when it goes wrong... any one reading this who does sneak a fag (yeah..likely to be loads of fags) then stop it.. do feel guilty and dont do it.
Smoke yourself... absolutely...
but not... not in front of kids.
Bad day today.. bear with me.

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
Pensdown said:
maybe shoot a fox if I see one. :evil:

Just so long as you aren't ripping it to shreds with hounds, I don't have a problem with such a cull!

I do :eek: What have the poor foxes done to you? And before anyone thinks I am a townie, I'm not! I live and have lived for most of my life in the countryside. Poor foxes are very misunderstood creatures.

If you want to shoot something, come and shoot the blardy heron that keeps taking hubby's fish :evil: I won't tell anyone so you won't get fined :evil:

toffee said:
im on downer tonight...
here we are... adults who can laugh and joke argue/ debate/ whatever... about smoking and public places and pubs etc...
Im sick... sick to my gut tonight.
For lots of reasons.. only one of which one is smoking.
I used to smoke...
But this smoking thing in public does nothing to stop the smoking at home in front of kids.
I know.. I know... that the smoke police cant stop smoking in your own house but tonight.... I am angry at smokers who hold their child and exhale smoke over their childs face, laughing and joking...
Im annoyed tonight because when actual physical harm happens to a child people are aghast.
Yet they hide behind the blooming smoke (pun intended)
Hit your kid and they have a visible bruise so you dont do it ( yeah... well, the humans amongst us dont beat our kids anyway)
People who smoke in front of their kids dont see immediate bad effects so they keep on doing it, kidding themselves they are not doing any harm.
GET REAL!!!
oh!!! if Im preaching to the already converted then I apologise but having picked up the pieces when it goes wrong... any one reading this who does sneak a fag (yeah..likely to be loads of fags) then stop it.. do feel guilty and dont do it.
Smoke yourself... absolutely...
but not... not in front of kids.
Bad day today.. bear with me.

{{{{{{{{Toffee}}}}}}}} I agree wholeheartedly with you hunny and it looks like you need a hug tonight so here's another one {{{{{{{{Toffee}}}}}}}} :D

Brightness said:
AdamW said:
Pensdown said:
maybe shoot a fox if I see one. :evil:

Just so long as you aren't ripping it to shreds with hounds, I don't have a problem with such a cull!

I do :eek: What have the poor foxes done to you? And before anyone thinks I am a townie, I'm not! I live and have lived for most of my life in the countryside. Poor foxes are very misunderstood creatures.

I think AdamW was attempting sarcasm!

Yeah I know and that's why I said to come and shoot the blardy heron!

He is a pest (well, the three of them are) but even if he has eaten our biggest Koi that had grown from 2" to almost 18" I can't get annoyed as it's only nature :rolleyes:

I am annoyed that he's managed to rip through the so called 'heron proof' net though :rolleyes: :evil:

Richardp said:
Whats next, ban alcohol. It would be interesting to hear some figures about how much alcohol costs the nhs, business, and the country in general
I don't think is has got anything to do with saving although it does though, I cannot not get alcohol poisoning by the next person drinking next to me but I can get 2nd smoke if a smoker is next to me and this is what the smoking ban are protecting.

masona said:
Richardp said:
I don't think is has got anything to do with saving although it does though, I cannot not get alcohol poisoning by the next person drinking next to me but I can get 2nd smoke if a smoker is next to me and this is what the smoking ban are protecting.
But I don't think I said that Masona, I've been miss quoted or if I did it must have been a long time ago and is out of context, I know it shows as a quote from me, don't know how anobium did that? or why :eek:

Ahh, nor do I ! :oops:

Must be a lot of new people on here confusing us!

Of course whilst our minds may be full of niggly fears .. Terrorism, smoking, drinking, fuel costs / availability, gambling, Iraq, Iran .... other things are afoot !
;)

empip said:
Of course whilst our minds may be full of niggly fears .. Terrorism, smoking, drinking, fuel costs / availability, gambling, Iraq, Iran .... other things are afoot !
;)
what is a foot ? apart from 12 inches or the smelly thing at the end of your leg. :LOL:

First 'after-result' of the smoking-ban is in:

Local MP wants to ban Patio-heaters! (Cause according to him they cause as much pollution one evening as a truck driving one hour).
Whatever next?

Richardp said:
empip said:
;)
what is a foot ? apart from 12 inches or the smelly thing at the end of your leg. :LOL:

Some are legless .. some of the time.. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back