Truth Regarding the Smoking Ban

We're on this planet only once.............. do what the hell you want to yourself, your health, your body, it's your party :D
Its when it affects others or costs the taxpayer its a problem ;)

Do you own a car tim west? Because if you do, every time you turn the key, you pump out noxious gases.
These ruin the environment, cause cancer, give people breathing difficulties, increase childhood asthma etc, etc.
Do non car owners have a choice when they breathe your pollution?
Its easy to avoid tobacco smoke, but our cities are full of vehicle pollution!

Sponsored Links
I do and steps have started being taken in london with the pollution zone charge, I dont say im against smokers in my posts merely pointing out its a problem, the problem is some couldnt escape before such as bar staff and the law is there to protect them. Passive smoking has been proved to be lethal.

Pollution is different in that individuals alone cannot stop it, its part of life, with industrial pollution, Travel pollution etc etc you can play a very small part in reducing it but it needs legislation to really make an effect.

The strangest anomaly in the smoking ban, is that there is ONE bar in The UK where it is still legal to smoke. The bar in question is the House Of Commons bar.

As Michael Cain would say, 'not a lot of people know that'.

Yes, our wonderful government has done what they have always done, ie one rule for us - one rule for them.

Ain't democracy great!

The strangest anomaly in the smoking ban, is that there is ONE bar in The UK where it is still legal to smoke. The bar in question is the House Of Commons bar.

As Michael Cain would say, 'not a lot of people know that'.

Yes, our wonderful government has done what they have always done, ie one rule for us - one rule for them.

Ain't democracy great!
wonder what health and safety would make of that? COSHH regs and all?

Sponsored Links
Thank you everybody for your comments and ideas.

I am glad to see a few people on here understanding what I am saying regarding the ban.

I am not necessarily saying the rule should be scrapped altogether but as one person has said, needs to be relaxed before it is too late for the pub trade.

As for pubs closing and suffering before the ban, maybe so, but I think it has risen quite a bit since the ban.

I cannot believe that one person on here thinks that it will be good if the pub trade collapses!!!!

The landlady where of the pub/restaurant where I work said she was always bought up to vote Labour and had all her life, but never again!!!

I read somewhere Winston Churchill would turn in his grave over this ban.

Regards

I think it's great that a non-smoker can mow spend time in a pub without his hair stinking of smoke, his clothes stinking of smoke, and his skin stinking of smoke, and his cough far worse.

Or "her"

A non-smoking area in a pub or restaurant is like a non-peeing area in a swiming pool.

Back