SMOKING BANNED

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HURRAY! As a non-smoker, I welcome this ban, I will at last be able to visit my local alcohol dispensary without returning smelling of smoke.

Two years ago, I wrote to the management of our town's shopping centre about the awful smell of smoke in there, and they banned smoking ;) so now to have smoking banned in all enclosed public places - what a relief!

I visited Dublin last year, where the smokers huddle up outside pubs and smoke in the rain. Once again, me and my mates will be able to have a good laugh at them! :LOL: (from a safe distance)

Many people do most of their smoking in pubs, so people will quit smoking as it will be seen as antisocial, and we will have a healthier nation as a result.

roll on summer 2007! ;) :LOL:

I'm sure many people on this forum will have strong views about this subject, so feel free to discuss/argue here, but nobody, i repeat, nobody is changing my view that this is a good thing.

Life is good :D

Sponsored Links
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy I too am extremely glad :D

I have nothing against smokers in general, lots of my friends and family members smoke but I don't. There's nothing annoys me more than getting home after a night out to find someone has burned a hole in another item of my clothing :cry:

And please don't get me started on people who have a lit fag hanging out of their mouths and then they lean over babies in pushchairs :evil:

A publican was on the radio this morning and rather than welcome the change for health reasons he was stating that because he had a beer garden that smokers banned from other premises would congregate on his establishment drumming up more business. Hope it rains all year :evil:

kendor said:
A publican was on the radio this morning and rather than welcome the change for health reasons he was stating that because he had a beer garden that smokers banned from other premises would congregate on his establishment drumming up more business. Hope it rains all year :evil:

There's always one :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I'm also happy if a little worried that its maybe another addition to the nanny state. mostly I'm happy tho. :D see

Good time to invest in shares of a Patio-heater company ;)

P.S. are they also going to ban excessive use of perfume, deodorant? Makes me suffocate everytime someone comes in a 'smokey' pub. (And those are the ones who complain the most about smoke getting in their eyes).

The law will now pass to the unelected upper House of Lords, where it is also expected to pass. If so, it will become law by mid-2007.

It's not signed and sealed yet :rolleyes:

Brightness said:
The law will now pass to the unelected upper House of Lords, where it is also expected to pass. If so, it will become law by mid-2007.

It's not signed and sealed yet :rolleyes:

Do I detect some opposition to the HoL?

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee finally.
Though why they can't make it this year is beyond me.

I can't wait to get to the pub later and wind the smokers up. :D There should be some belting arguments.

gcol said:
I can't wait to get to the pub later and wind the smokers up. :D There should be some belting arguments.

Glad your local isn't mine local :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back