SMOKING BANNED

my turn I guess......I can't use the word fag where I am.....I would get clobbered!!!! or killed. But I do smoke. I don't drink. I am a "considerate" smoker and don't smoke in front of people who don't. I don't smoke in public places....although here in US, a lot of places have banned smoking anyway. I don't intend on quitting ...I have tried in the past (for a whole year one time!) I am well aware of all the benefits of not smoking....it is my choice. btw, tobacco companies are not going bankrupt, instead they offer advice on how to quit and sponsor tv commercials likewise (seems pretty contradictory to me) :)

Sponsored Links
Pensdown, smoking hasn't been banned.
Just smoking indoors in public areas, and for good reason.
As for being unworkable, get real. It has worked ok in other countries.

And as for your "animals in Glasgow." Scotland starts their smoking ban on 26th March 2006, so we won't have long to find out if you are right will we.

blondini said:

And as for your "animals in Glasgow." Scotland starts their smoking ban on 26th March 2006, so we won't have long to find out if you are right will we.

I bet the ban will go down just as well in Pubs & Clubs in some parts of Newcastle. Animals was probably not the best choice of word, and I apologise maybe "Hard Pubs In Glasgow" would be better.

I visit your town very often and I sometimes go out in the evening, not weekends. I don't care what anybody says, it will cause trouble in some of the "harder" pubs, just it does from time to time on air craft where drink is involved.

dg123 said:
Do I detect some opposition to the HoL?

LOL not at all, but it amazes me how much money has to be spent on getting a law passed. I mean how many 'readings does it take? Surely it should take one sitting where they all vote yay or nay and be done with it!

Same goes for any law - look how long the hunting ban took to come into place :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Brightness said:
dg123 said:
Do I detect some opposition to the HoL?

Same goes for any law - look how long the hunting ban took to come into place :rolleyes:

Hunting, if you think that laws working then come Kent during the season. It's the same now as it was before

made me laugh today. They interviewed a women from a pro smoking group who said it will force smokers to smoke more at home and so expose their children to even greater health risks, so the government is not helping the situation.

what a load of all *******s. Most smokers who smoke at home will do so anyway and obviously dont give a sod about their kids. talk about grasping at straws. We were in a kiddies restaurant the other day, no smoking at the tables but it had a bar area, with one table and an ashtray on it. I watched this women leave her table wear here kids were walk over to the table and light up at the other one, blowing her smoke onto all the other tables with kids on. If shed had done it near me the selfish cow would have been blowing the smoke from out of her arse!

Pensdown said:
Of course smoking near small children is stupid, it's as bad as taking them to fast food places and letting them stuff their little faces with all sorts of rubbish.
Yeah I'm sure it is!!!!!!! Stupid comment dude. Did no one teach you to think before you speak? The two cannot possibly be compared. :confused:

<<<waiting for his fellow smokers to get back from the pub. Going to wait with all the non-smokers who don't go to the pub anyway

Pensdown said:
<<<waiting for his fellow smokers to get back from the pub. Going to wait with all the non-smokers who don't go to the pub anyway
If you were replying to my post, I'm sorry but you lost me.

gcol said:
Pensdown said:
Of course smoking near small children is stupid, it's as bad as taking them to fast food places and letting them stuff their little faces with all sorts of rubbish.
Yeah I'm sure it is!!!!!!! Stupid comment dude. Did no one teach you to think before you speak? The two cannot possibly be compared. :confused:
Why can't they be compared? They are both contributing to the possibility of disease in later life.

gcol said:
Pensdown said:

Why not. If you look at the physical state of a lot of young people, they are well over weight, they eat far to much fat & salt and never exercise.

And yet, most of them are only exposed to smoke from dick head parents which will not change. They don't go in pubs, smoking has been stopped in nearly all public places for ages so where are these kids exposed to smoke outside the home?

I think every smoker would agree that if you going to try outlaw smoking you need to start at the beginning. Raising the age to 21 would be a good start. And if young people under the age were caught smoking, although you can't fine them (most are penniless) send to a hospital ward and make them care for a cancer patient. Banning it in pubs is stupid. Adults have the choice to go to the pub or not. If it's full of smoke, then drink in a non-smoking pub, there are loads about

I just seen the news, they want ban 4x4's now. I've also got one of them...not my night is it :cry:

Pensdown said:
blondini said:

I bet the ban will go down just as well in Pubs & Clubs in some parts of Newcastle. Animals was probably not the best choice of word, and I apologise maybe "Hard Pubs In Glasgow" would be better.

I visit your town very often and I sometimes go out in the evening, not weekends. I don't care what anybody says, it will cause trouble in some of the "harder" pubs, just it does from time to time on air craft where drink is involved.

Ok. Obviously it wont be readily accepted in lots of places in the UK, but it has worked well enough in New York for a couple of years at least, and more recently Italy And Eire for example.

No point in anyone falling out or gettiing upset about it because there's no going back whatever protests there may be. At the end of the day it's meant for the greater good, and you can't blame or accuse the government as all MP's had a free vote.

<<not getting upset, just wont be applying for the "find a smoker Police" job

Sponsored Links
Back