SMOKING BANNED

Wow, we haven't had much of a response from the smokers (other than our reshident shmoker Woodyoulike ;) )

Perhaps they're all outside having a fag? ;)

I'm glad about banning smoking in pubs... there's far more pleasurable ways to harm your health in a pub. There has been a smoke-free pub here for a while, they have a special outdoor smoking bit with heaters though.

At last I will be able to drink in any pub I want without having to wash my clothes before I can wear them again.

And just think of the new possibilities for pub decor now they don't have to paint them that yellowy colour to stop the nicotine showing up. Excellent. :D

Sponsored Links
DON'T BAN ME FAGS :cry:

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no0 no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

ps NO :( :LOL:

AdamW said:
At last I will be able to drink in any pub I want without having to wash my clothes before I can wear them again :D
hurray to that!

My original psot was made to stir up some controversy and arguements, it seems this forum is full of non-smokers and smokers who dont mind a ban! :( i'll go and stir up controversy elsewhere! maybe in my local pub! :LOL:

The next problem I can see, the smokers will be just outside the door entrance for you to walk through. I think my company have the right idea is a smoke hut outside away from the area to prevent this.

Sponsored Links
crafty1289 said:
i'll go and stir up controversy elsewhere! maybe in my local pub! :LOL:

Might I recommend you stand next to the £6/pack cigarette machine.

Come on smokers, just think how much more drunk you can get when you aren't spending £40 a week on cancer sticks!

My dad gave up a few months ago and has said the two biggest differences he has noticed are 1) food and drink tastes better and 2) instead of spending £80 a week at the petrol station he spends £40 a week.

The pubs and clubs ( WORKING MANS CLUB )

Will be well p#ssed off, you go into a working mans club and just about every one smokes, the trade they will lose will have a huge impact on there profits

The older folkes ( men ) love going to the clubs in the day time, to chat and have a pint with there hand rolled tobacco,

I bet the tobacco companies are having crisis meetings at this very moment! :LOL: :D evil barstewards :LOL: cant wait till they all go bankrupt! :LOL:

markie said:
Will be well p#ssed off, you go into a working mans club and just about every one smokes, the trade they will lose will have a huge impact on there profits

But will they? People will still want to go out and drink. :D

Do people avoid pubs because they don't sell curry? I like to eat a curry and drink beer at the same time, but I still go to the pub.

What about watching football? One of my mates moans if we go to a non-football pub when the football is on, but it doesn't stop him coming out for a beer.

And what about those guys who go to the pub to get away from the wife? Will they suddenly have a new-found desire to spend every minute of every day with their beloved?

People went to the pub before tobacco was introduced to this country...

I think people will still go out and drink because the desire for alcohol may be greater than the desire for a smoke.

Personally, I look forward to eating a meal in a restaurant without it being tainted by the smell of cigarette smoke wafting from the table next door, especially if they happened to be a table of 6 smokers or worse cigar smokers.

Why the hell does it take so long though, next summer ???

I went to Chicago a few years back on a number of company visits. Most, if not all didn't allow smoking in the building and a number didn't allow it either within the building or the parking area, to prevent the smokers from congregating outside the entrance. A hut was provided the far side of the car park about 300m away. If you wanted a fag you had to go and freeze your bits off, if you were caught breaking the rules, dismissed.

I'm a smoker but feel a bit out numbered here :(

I'm not against any pub, club or restaurant banning smoking, it's their right. I am against Goverments that keep banning things and this ban has gone further than it should have done and will be un-workable. Take a pub in the middle of Glasgow full of drunk animals on a Friday night. You would need the SAS to go in and tell them to stop. What a waste of your money

We are not talking about 20 years ago when it was like a scene from life on mars. Most pubs have little corners for us with a extractors so we can all huddle together and puff away.

And so we all pack up. Where is the loss revenue going to come from. I pay around £ 4/day in tax on my fags and thats just me.

Pensdown said:
I'm a smoker but feel a bit out numbered here :(

I'm not against any pub, club or restaurant banning smoking, it's their right. I am against Goverments that keep banning things and this ban has gone further than it should have done and will be un-workable. Take a pub in the middle of Glasgow full of drunk animals on a Friday night. You would need the SAS to go in and tell them to stop. What a waste of your money

We are not talking about 20 years ago when it was like a scene from life on mars. Most pubs have little corners for us with a extractors so we can all huddle together and puff away.

And so we all pack up. Where is the loss revenue going to come from. I pay around £ 4/day in tax on my fags and thats just me.

look I know where your coming from here and sort of agree in as much as it smacks of the nanny state but I think its got to be a good thing, ok the rules get broke but it still gets the message over. and your the smoker and just happen to be against the ban :D is this a coincidence? ;) my wifes a smoker shes just getting over the flu so hasnt had a fag for 5 days and is going to try to use this to give up so fingers crossed. (for our american guests fags a ciggy)

and your the smoker and just happen to be against the ban is this a coincidence?

Of course it's not a coincidence just like when hand guns, fox hunting, giving away shot game, teaching evolution (USA), (I could go on all night)got banned, if you don't do them you don't care. doesn't make it right.

Take fox hunting, we are in the EU and in Spain they still get 75,000 people turn up to watch a bull fight. If your gonna start banning the killing of vermin, before we do, lets get things in some sort of prospective.

those adverts with the smoke curling round like a snake and up the babies nose and round their throats were really hard hitting I thought .
I am an ex smoker and so is my hubby and they say reformed smokers are worst for moaning about smokers.
Again, many of my family and pals smoke but I dont want to passive smoke.
I hate hate hate to see people in cars smoking when the car has children in it.
Everyone knows that smoking is bad for you so why give your kids cancer ????
Like people who dont strap their kids in or mothers (or dads) who sit belted in in the front seat but hold child on their knee not strapped in.
Of course... both smokers and folk with kids on knees in cars dont set out to kill their kids but it is... what they are potentially doing.
Too late when the child is hurled through the windscreen or gets a disabling disease through passive smoking...
too late then!!
Ohh sorry... just these things really get me.
Its not me being morbid its true... so yes im preaching here but to anyone at all who smokes in front of their kid or sits them on their knee in the car.... please... please dont do it.
The results can be devastating.

WoodYouLike said:
gcol said:
I can't wait to get to the pub later and wind the smokers up. :D There should be some belting arguments.

Glad your local isn't mine local :evil:
You lookin at me??? :eek: :D ;)

No one seemed that bothererd in the pub tonight. I'll wait while saturday to let rip at the smoking brigade. :p

Live long and prosper...:cool:

Of course smoking near small children is stupid, it's as bad as taking them to fast food places and letting them stuff their little faces with all sorts of rubbish.

You have only got to look over the pond to see whats coming our way ban everything and "supper size" yourself to an early grave.

Sponsored Links
Back