People who use multiple login names?

B

Big_Spark

We have all seen it, on this forum and on many others, people who register with several aliases so they may make multiple posts, for whatever reason, on a given subject.

Some do it to cause flame wars, some are annoying little trolls, I am sure many do it for a laugh and then there are those who I suspect have multiple personality disorders due to having no life or simply being screwey

I was wondering what other people hear make of such people, do you feel annoyed at their deception, do you feel insulted by their actions or do you simply feel sorry for those with psychological problems?

Personally I am a mix of all those, but as it is sometimes difficult to tell these personality types apart on the frum, should they simply be banned when it is known by the Moderators and the Admin what they are up too?

Sorry, slow day in the office and bored, can't mow the grass till I get home!! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Very occasionally someone does it honestly to make a joke, in most cases however they are annoying little warts who should go away and play on their own.

Big_Spark
Never thought of that I could make myself busy arguing with myself & I would always be right..oh no you wouldnt.. :LOL: Panto time

Diyisfun said:
Big_Spark
Never thought of that I could make myself busy arguing with myself & I would always be right..oh no you wouldnt.. :LOL: Panto time

He's behind you!! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Big_Spark said:
then there are those who I suspect have multiple personality disorders due to having no life or simply being screwey

do you simply feel sorry for those with psychological problems?
That's the combination I agree with most :LOL: :LOL:

ps No, he isn't!

Big_Spark said:
We have all seen it, on this forum and on many others, people who register with several aliases so they may make multiple posts, for whatever reason, on a given subject.

Some do it to cause flame wars, some are annoying little trolls, I am sure many do it for a laugh and then there are those who I suspect have multiple personality disorders due to having no life or simply being screwey

I was wondering what other people hear make of such people, do you feel annoyed at their deception, do you feel insulted by their actions or do you simply feel sorry for those with psychological problems?

Personally I am a mix of all those, but as it is sometimes difficult to tell these personality types apart on the frum, should they simply be banned when it is known by the Moderators and the Admin what they are up too?

Sorry, slow day in the office and bored, can't mow the grass till I get home!! :LOL:

Can you actually provide a proven example of a multi-nic on this site? At best mods and admin could ascertain a server address providing several user names. This doesn't necessarily mean what your post is getting at though.

keyplayer said:
Can you actually provide a proven example of a multi-nic on this site? At best mods and admin could ascertain a server address providing several user names. This doesn't necessarily mean what your post is getting at though.
Same style of writing, same style of agrivating people, I think that proves his point.

Big_Spark said:
They must be very sad people unless it's more than one member in the same household using the same Ip's address?

C'mon, name and shame them :D

keyplayer said:
WoodYouLike said:
I think that proves his point.
WYL, you apparently think too much. What does it prove?
No sorry Keyplayer, I don't think too much, I might read too much, but I do know several multi-personality posters here who can be recognised by their style of writing and style of aggravating people. As for prove: most posts have been removed anyway, and my memory on exact names isn't what is used to be.

To clarify, I have no hard evidence that anyone on this site is doing this, however I know several other members, including the Mods, have made comments along this line recently.

Personally I have always suspected that a couple of "characters" on this site are the same person, due to, as WYL pointed out, style of post, words used, type of language used, even the manner of trolling in most cases.

To clarify, the IP address of a poster may not be indicative of the true IP address of the person posting, in 99.9% of cases it is likely to be the ISP's server IP, and this could be shared by a coupleof hundred people, so whilst indicative, is certainly not irrefutable proof.

Example, Both Masona and I are in Essex, if we live close enough together and shared an ISP, then we could actually submit the same IP to a forum. I have seen this happen.

Equally, I know how to log in to a forum up to four times from the same BB link, and submit 4 different and misleading IP's at the same time!! Not that I would do this..I simply cannot be bothered.

keyplayer said:
WoodYouLike said:
I do know several multi-personality posters here ...
Who then?
I'm getting too old for this (i.e. memory failing)! But why do you think we (I) are (is) having a go at any one in particular? Perhaps I should have written: I do know OF several....
It's a fact, no real point in arguing (or going panto). I, like many others, wouldn't be able to disguise my style of writing (not just because I'm not English), writing style is like a fingerprint (call it keyboard print for that matter :LOL: )

Sponsored Links
Back