Zanussi Lindo 1,000 E20 - Not draining correctly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Massively appreciate any help with this! Having some trouble with my Zanussi Lindo 1000 washer/dryer. I run a wash cycle but it flashes up the E20 error code ("the appliance does not drain the water") and the clothes inside are still wet. If I run an auto-dry programme then it beeps to say it has finished, but the clothes inside are still wet.

I've cleaned the drain filter from the front of the machine (a lot of water came out) which sometimes works, but the problem keeps coming back. I'm a bit stuck at this point - any ideas what I can do to fix this? Or what might be wrong?

I've been using the manual to troubleshoot:
https://www.zanussi.co.uk/support/user-manuals/?q=zwd71460cw

Sponsored Links
I think E20 is "washing machine does not detect drain pump" which probably means you have a broken wire, faulty pump or faulty circuit board. You will need to get a multi meter & trace the wires back from the drain pump to the plug & socket on the board & measure the circuit resistance to the pump & back. Do this with the plug removed from the board.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back