Zero Governor

Caught unawares doing my cpa1. Tutor asking me to rate boiler instead of checking burner pressure due to zero governor. At the time i was embarrassed as i didn't know why. done all the ccn1 bullshit though!

Sponsored Links
to bass, definately sign yourself up to CC im in same situation as you, newly qualified but most of the guys in there are a real help, couple seem to forget they were new at some point but oh well.

some good help on the business side of it in there too

Thats what i like to see all the ccn1 is bullsh#t but doesn`t know who a zero govenor works ,
Perhaps you should have taken some of that bull in :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Thats what i like to see all the ccn1 is bullsh#t but doesn`t know who a zero govenor works ,
Perhaps you should have taken some of that bull in :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I did take quite a lot of the bull in otherwise i would'nt of passed! All the very important stuff.

Bearing in mind that all a-rated boilers have one, at least afaik, I would not stick zero governors under the header: bullshit.

And remind me what most A rated boilers have.
DonT think by passing that means anything i could train my 16 year old lad up to pass it in about a week. It is feking embarassing how easy it is.
But i would never let him out in the real world

And remind me what most A rated boilers have.
DonT think by passing that means anything i could train my 16 year old lad up to pass it in about a week. It is feking embarassing how easy it is.
But i would never let him out in the real world

New starters (class 4) do a harder acs than time served (class 1)
i worked with with plumbers rgi that couldent pass the tests i did...they said this not me

no im not saying we know more than you guys..i know we dont. i know the test i did wasn't easy 16 failed outa 18 and to say your 16 year old could pass 20 exams all 100% pass rate all in 1 week is a joke you couldent evan have the time for the tests in that week.i also worked free of charge for 7 months

Passing a test has little to do with knowledge; it has to do with knowing how to pass the test.
A week is a bit quick, but I could coach somebody from scratch to passing the test if he was bright, and teachable. He would be a danger to himself and others if he worked on his own, but he would pass the test.
There are various ways of optimising your chances with multiple choice, and if you have that down pat, you easily gain 100% if you are not that good compared to those who don't know the techniques.
Succesfully completing your acs means no more than that you have a basic working knowledge of theoretical gassafety, and that you know how to verify details.

This is why we have to provide evidence of working experience. I was surprised at my last assessment. Anyone with a basic knowledge and an ability to use books will find it fairly passable. I didn't think it fair on blokes I have been working for thirty years and were better gas fitters than me were struggling because nobody showed them where the index was.

Paulwrx.
I know what acs is all about. From what we do to resit to what newbies do i also I done the original which was over 1000 questions .
I know the standard of those taking it is sometimes embarassing
2 papers on resit pipework and fluing and vent total about 60 questions took less than 90 minutes .
Couple of guys took 9 hours ,9 feking hours .

Guy spending half hour readin standard fire insructions cause he didnt know if it was positive or negative case.

Too many people coming into this industry and trying to run before they can even walk. seeing ££££££££££££ before there eyes.

Acs is all about being able to read, understand find it in a book and use common sense above all.
But it doesnt qualify you to in the real world.

PS . i dont have a beef about passing on experience i have taught enough apprentices in my time but one thing i always say is at least listen and find things out for yourself they are given enough books then discuss it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back