Votes: 2 9.5%
  • This poll is not worth voting on

Votes: 14 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why do some people feel the need to post that a thread is boring, on the very thread that they say they find boring.

By so doing, they demonstrate that they find it more worthy of a post at that moment, than all the other threads. B

Sponsored Links
I agree, I've not witnessed this so much here but seen it many times on other forums, I don't get it myself... if you're not interested pass it by rather than disrupting the thread for those that are. :)

Before I put him on 'ignore' I used to think that any thread that Coathanger posted on quickly became boring.

Not much of a problem for me now.

Before I put him on 'ignore' I used to think that any thread that Coathanger posted on quickly became boring.

Still can't do it. I've tried several times and have contacted admin three times by submitting a 'ticket' but for some reason they choose not to reply???

Maybe they have all been bored to death :LOL:

Sponsored Links
This thread was so boring, I have bumped it so that everyone can see just how boring it is :eek:

Really though, I myself used to spend a bit of time on here but lately some posts are really really boring so I just have a quick look now and again but some of the posts are so boring I feel tired reading them

Still can't do it. I've tried several times and have contacted admin three times by submitting a 'ticket' but for some reason they choose not to reply???

Maybe they have all been bored to death :LOL:

It has just occurred to me that Coathanger might be an administrator.

That would explain why he hasn't been banned.

Btw, he hasn't posted on this thread. I would have thought that, by definition, it would be right up his street.

What as he done that may get him banned?

As far as I can see -
He disagrees with a lot of the posters, some of whom don't like him quoting back,in a forensic way ,what they have written in support of his argument.

As I said a while back, if you don't have the tools to do so, it is easier to ban him than argue against him. Ironic when 'free speech' seems to be so cherished by some of the same people.

In a forum you have the option of arguing against, for or ignoring anyone.

What as he done that may get him banned?
Nothing, to my mind. He made fair points about the level of abuse and some racists; if somewhat OTT. But I thought the same soon after I joined here and posted on how it put me off GD at the time. (Can't bother to find them; too long ago).

Why would he have banned himself before, if he was admin :confused: Ah, who knows what goes on 'behind the scenes'. :rolleyes:

As far as I can see -
He disagrees with a lot of the posters, some of whom don't like him quoting back,in a forensic way ,what they have written in support of his argument.
Yes, that's a very good way of putting it Micilin; clever analysis. You can't make a joke or throw away comment without it being ripped apart. I don't think I could feel relaxed with him at a pub for fear of saying something un-pc.

Hey, you lot!
Do you mind not allowing the "boring thread" to develop into a discussion about me! ;)

Seriously, sorry I didn't comment before because I thought it was a boring thead, but now you're talking about me, I think it's become so much more interesting. ;) :rolleyes:

Also, I've been incommunicado for about 36 hours (in transit).
But the good news is that over the last few weeks there's been a large external demand on my time and now, and for the immediate future that external demand on my time has dissipated. So I have so much more time to concentrate on GD forum. :evil: :cool: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

As far as I can see -
Yes, that's a very good way of putting it Micilin; clever analysis. You can't make a joke or throw away comment without it being ripped apart. I don't think I could feel relaxed with him at a pub for fear of saying something un-pc.
Well, BT, if you have to worry about saying something un-PC, then you have a real worry.
I have no such worries. If I accidentally say something un-PC, and someone advises me, I recognise it and retract my comment immediately. Simples. ;)

It's only happened to me once, that I recall, which was very recently, on this forum.

Sorry, have I just committed the unforgivable sin of quoting you in a forensic way, something which you said as a joke or a throw away comment? ;)

Oh dear, hello again :D :LOL: :cry: :cool: :evil: :mrgreen: :eek:

I dont know how I didnt see it at the start, but one of the three options is "This poll is not worth voting on".

Er, if you select that what have you just done... :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back