Something needs to be done

kendor said:
Joe, he's a vile racist so butt out and go annoy someone else!

What's a racist in your book? Not liking an identifiable section of the community isn't a crime.

BTW, why does this racist thing get you jumping around? Isn't sexism and ageism just as bad - if not worse?

It's just the 'buzzword' of the day.

joe

Sponsored Links
joe-90 said:
Not liking an identifiable section of the community isn't a crime.
Perhaps not, but saying it in such a way as to incite racial hatred? That's a crime.

joe-90 said:
kendor said:
Joe, he's a vile racist so butt out and go annoy someone else!

What's a racist in your book? Not liking an identifiable section of the community isn't a crime.

BTW, why does this racist thing get you jumping around? Isn't sexism and ageism just as bad - if not worse?

It's just the 'buzzword' of the day.

joe

Its the ultimate Kudos.....by not being racist means you are educated and above all others.

Zampa said:
Its the ultimate Kudos.....by not being racist means you are educated and above all others.
Er, I don't actually align with that Zampa.

To me, not being racist means not being racist. It can be a barometer of the ability to understand what it means to be racist, but I have no idea where you get this "above all others" theory from.

Sponsored Links
That's what they think, same old story, say something they dont like and they brand you a racist meaning that you must be evil twisted and unintelligent--unlike them of course but that is their only argument.

They can never explain themselves

They can never prove that their stance is the right one

They can never justfy their point or more importantly disprove yours or the ones they agree with.

10 years ago it used to work but today nobody listens, but they think the louder they shout the more they have got their point across.

A racist must be in their eyes a thick boot wearing skin head, and they being the super intelligent Liberal must be the clean spectacle wearing cross legged " black is the new White " middle class 4x4 owner.

I relish the day the knackers park next door to them, and then watch them squel.

Softus said:
Zampa said:
Er, I don't actually align with that Zampa.

To me, not being racist means not being racist. It can be a barometer of the ability to understand what it means to be racist, but I have no idea where you get this "above all others" theory from.

Can you explain then Softus in your words what exactly a racist is?

Freddie said:
Can you explain then Softus in your words what exactly a racist is?
Very easily: racism is the application of a derogatory generalisation to an entire race - in simple terms, a prejudice. A racist holds views or judges another race, based on an observation of a subset of that race.

You can be a quiet racist, a loud racist, even a silent racist; you can be intelligent or you can be stupid; you can be right-wing, left-wing, or politically not really sure; your skin can be white, black, yellow or any other colour. Some people are well-meaning racists - do you hear ever people say that "Jews are good with money"? Some people mean this respectfully, but it's still a prejudice.

The point is, if you tend to disparougingly tar all members of a given race with the same brush, you can reasonably be termed a racist.

It's also generally held that a racist view must involve the belief that one race is superior or inferior to another race (or other races). It may, therefore, be argued Adolf Hitler was a racist in more than just the single (anti-semetic) way in which he's usually perceived.

To me, the most important thing about racism is the thought process that goes into determining whether or not a particular view is racist - the ability to stop and think before speaking or acting is the hallmark of a civilised society. And I like to think that we live in one of those, or at least that we're striving to create one.

boom boom shake shake the room

ok so some say i am a racist i personally think they are ************

i am an enlightened human being that puts caring and sharing with like minded fellow humans first

anyone or any religion daring to harm the status quo will be alienated at the very least hence the islamic stance as muclims do put themselve on a pedestal

note < my local pakistani shop ( still pa** shot to me but lest move on) was attacked by a youth armed with a hammer more local shops in the area suffered the same fate

getting back to the one near me ( asian family ) they have no male members aside from the old feller and he is 70+ it took the police 10 mins to get there way to late if the youth hadnt ran away
so i have given them my number as i live only 200 meters away and can be there in less than 1 min
if i was a racist as you stated would i put myself in the line of fire ( even though i do admit i would love to kick 6 colours of sh** out of the lil f***

i thank you and good night

another debate gone the distance

Slogger said:
if i was a racist as you stated would i put myself in the line of fire ( even though i do admit i would love to kick 6 colours of sh** out of the lil f***
Slogger, your actions regarding the local shop are, of course, laudible.

However, one selfless act (or lots of them) doesn't mean that you're not capable of having racist view where Muslims are concerned - in this respect you've taken my judgement of you out of context.

You seem to think that some people are born racist and others aren't - not so. Vigilance is the watchword, and it's all very well us sitting at a computer and defining what it means to be civlised - I'm too well aware that when the chips are down we're all capable of obscenely unacceptable thoughts and deeds towards fellow humans.

This is why I (try to) avoid calling people racist - where possible I describe the view being expressed as racist, and not the person. Sometimes I fail - I'm not perfect.

Softus you explanation is PC crazy.

You cant dictate how people feel or think just the same as you cant think or feel similar about the person or people you have judged to be in breach of your racism laws.

You cant have one rule for one and another for for someone else.

If you read your statement you have done exactly the same with a group of people here who do not share your view.

My definition of a racist----

Someone who calls another in a derogatary way just because the colour of his skin or his race.

I dont mind black people, i dont mind Asian people, i actually dont mind anyone who blends in with every body else and gets on with it.

I do mind a group of people ( not all from the same country or colour ) who live in their self imposed groups outside the rest of us and have a view of the rest of us as not being the same as them and infact superior to us because of who they are and what they believe--i.e. muslims.

They infact break all your PC rules on racism and by your book are surely racist.

Slogger said:
muslims are not a race sorry your on the wrong track :D
You're absolutely right Slogger, and I apologise for the error.

I also agree with the following:

Slogger said:
ACT being against a religion that has shown it supports terrorists is not racism or bigotry or any other form of pc rubbish you throw at it ITS COMMON SENCE not to trust anything or anyone that does that
... except for the part about "pc rubbish" of course, which just a generalisation. However, I agree that it's both human nature and common sense to not trust a group of people who declare themselves to support terrorism.

What I don't align with is the following:
1. Your claim that all Muslims support terrorism.
2. Your tendency to make sweeping generalisations, rubbish other people's views, and assign partisan labels to people who disagree with you.

Looking at all the earlier posts in this topic I did not call you a racist, so the following reference is either incorrect or aimed at someone else...

Slogger said:
if i was a racist as you stated
In fact, going back to Sun Nov 13, we have this:

Softus said:
Slogger said:
i am not racist i am antiislam HUGE DIFFERENCE
Do tell us more about this difference Slogger.
For the record, I didn't mean to label you as racist on this topic, and I don't. Although it doesn't mean that I agree with your views, I hope you'll forgive that momentary error.

Slogger said:
i am an enlightened human being that puts caring and sharing with like minded fellow humans first

You're all heart, Slogger.

I'm sure that most Muslims will share your views.

Freddie said:
Softus you explanation is PC crazy.
Right then Freddie, let's see if we can iron this out a bit...

Freddie said:
You cant dictate how people feel or think just the same as you cant think or feel similar about the person or people you have judged to be in breach of your racism laws.
You asked me to explain in my words what exactly a racist is, and I did. At no point did "dictate", as you put it - I was even careful to use the phrase "you can reasonably be termed a racist".

Freddie said:
You cant have one rule for one and another for for someone else.
I completely agree, and if I've done that then please point it out to me.

Freddie said:
If you read your statement you have done exactly the same with a group of people here who do not share your view.
C*rist alive - where did I do that?

Freddie said:
My definition of a racist----

Someone who calls another in a derogatary way just because the colour of his skin or his race.
This is a fine definition.

Freddie said:
I dont mind black people, i dont mind Asian people, i actually dont mind anyone who blends in with every body else and gets on with it.

I do mind a group of people ( not all from the same country or colour ) who live in their self imposed groups outside the rest of us and have a view of the rest of us as not being the same as them and infact superior to us because of who they are and what they believe--i.e. muslims.
Hang on - not all Muslims live outside the rest of us. It's false claims like this that undermine what might be a reasonable point of view.

Freddie said:
They infact break all your PC rules on racism and by your book are surely racist.
:eek:
My rules?! They aren't rules, they have nothing to do with political correctness, and they're not mine! I never said that a Muslim couldn't have a racist view.

I really don't see which part of my racism explanation you don't understand or disagree with. If you could quote the specific part, or parts, and tell me, then we can have a discussion about it, but you've just gone way out on a tangent without helping me understand why.

I love foreign people and their culture.

However, we live in a very small and overcrowdwd country and immigration should thus be limited.

I don't believe that Muslim and Christian can live together successfully. This has been born out all over the world (the Balkans being a very good example). As we speak, there are similar problems in France.

That doesn't make me a racist. It makes me a realist. Sadly people like Softus can only stand around wringing their hands because their dseology will allow nothing else.

I'd like to see Softus's face if the Gypsie race all pulled up and set up camp next to his house. He'd soon prove himself a racist.

joe

Sponsored Links
Back