Oh god someone help!! Saunier Duval f30e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi lads and lasses

I have a bit of a cold weather disaster. My hot water from taps has stopped. I have no hot water. its been like this for a few days now.

The central heating is fine.

It was working fine before this sudden cold snap.

Could it be the hot water flow sensor, if so, how difficult is this to take apart and clean?

Sponsored Links
have you got water coming out the taps?

Yes, water is running fine, it just seems to be very cold. If i dont run the water for a while, then turn the tap on, i get a small amount of warm water but then its cold. I'm assuming the small amount of water is due to heat from the central heating?

sounds to me like you need to get a proffeshional in to open the boiler up and diagnose the problem i dont think you can effect your current boilers performance operating any of the customer controls

Sponsored Links
sounds to me like you need to get a proffeshional in to open the boiler up and diagnose the problem i dont think you can effect your current boilers performance operating any of the customer controls

i'm pretty handy when it comes to repairing things as long as i'm pointed in the right direction. I've managed to fix the heat exchanger issue i was having a while back based on advice given here. If its a case of clean a component by taking things apart i wont have a problem doing it as long as the advice is sound :)

In this weather, seeing that the CH is still working fine, I'd be tempted to leave it alone and wash at the public baths, unless I was really familiar with the boiler gubbins that I was messing with!

F30E doesn't really tell us the model it just means a fan flued 30kw electronic ignition model, the model name will help us tell you the problem. If its the one that is the same as a glow-worm compact I would imagine you're looking at replacing the hw diaphragm.

F30E doesn't really tell us the model it just means a fan flued 30kw electronic ignition model, the model name will help us tell you the problem. If its the one that is the same as a glow-worm compact I would imagine you're looking at replacing the hw diaphragm.

looking at the manual it says the Saunier Duval Themaclassic F30E Fanned Flue Combination Boiler G.C. no 47-920-36!

Remove motor (p54 of manual) see if central pin moves on HW drawoff.
Probably part 9754 shown has leaked/seized. If so, drain boiler, (5 minutes)remove and clean/ grease for now,(another 5 minutes) then get another.

Remove motor (p54 of manual) see if central pin moves on HW drawoff.
Probably part 9754 shown has leaked/seized. If so, drain boiler, (5 minutes)remove and clean/ grease for now,(another 5 minutes) then get another.

Many thanks for the response! Will give this a go as soon as the weather clears up slightly as dont want to risk it affecting central heating.

When you say grease it, would wd40 be ok?

had a look at page 54 of manual and its simply referring to the expansion vessel, no mention of a motor.

also the manual makes no mention of part 9754.

have checked online for these parts but still no clearly where they are on the manual

Isn't the themaclassic a system boiler?, ie do you have an airing cupboard with a big hot water cylinder and a couple of valves?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back